Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 intake manifold needs replacing.

R

Richard

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi, the inlet / intake manifold on our T6 150 hp diesel needs replacing, has anyone else on this forum had this problem?

I have not heard of this on here, nor on the T6forum, what was the fault that has led to this action?

The pre heat orange coil in the dashboard display started flashing and the engine went into limp mode, we were advised not to drive it and were recovered on a truck. The AA technicians fault readout was 'flow flap B1, flap sticks shut'. This means nothing to us! The van has covered 18000 miles. Incidentally the van has ACC which has to be realigned after the front trims have been removed and replaced to do the repair, some Van centres apparently can't do this.

An old thread, but just had the exact same problem on our Beach - 4 years old and less than 35k on the clock. Very frustrating and a tad expensive at £12000 !

An old thread, but just had the exact same problem on our Beach - 4 years old and less than 35k on the clock. Very frustrating and a tad expensive at £12000 !
Is that price correct?

Not directly relevant perhaps but I had the inlet manifold replaced on my old Saab just before I got the van. It was pricey but not that much. About £800. When they showed me the old manifold there were all these linkages and little springs with flaps which open and close. It was all gummed up with soot and it had stopped the thing working. They said it was due partly to short journeys and its linked with egr valve I think. My Saab was ten years old 90k on clock, but not good in such a young vehicle as in your case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, the inlet / intake manifold on our T6 150 hp diesel needs replacing, has anyone else on this forum had this problem?
I have just had the inlet manifold replaced on mine (2016 150hp with approx 32k miles), there are some examples of this with 2016 150hp models on the T6 forum.

I was lucky as the fault developed in the last few months of extended warranty. I asked the cost out of interest on collection but all the adviser knew was the job involved 6hrs labour (£99 p/hr).

My symptoms included the glow plug light (amber), then loss of power and then the engine light (amber). I also delivered mine to vw on a recovery vehicle as advised. I required two trips like this as the 1st attempt by vw to correct the issue with a software update failed. The symptoms repeated within a short period of time and only then was the manifold replaced.

Last edited:
Occasional problems starting my 2016 150hp Beach (owned since new). Seems that it's an inlet manifold issue. Flaps sticking and significant carbon build up. VW Customer Services initially said there was a relevant recall but subsequently said they were "mistaken". Searching forums suggests this is a known issue and will likely have to spend £1k+ replacing manifold (hopefully they've redesigned to prevent reoccurrence). Anyone have similar experience/insight?

Yep we had the same on our Ocean, blamed leaving it not in use for long periods… aka lockdown!

Yep we had the same on our Ocean, blamed leaving it not in use for long periods… aka lockdown!
Mine's my daily drive .... and was a key worker throughout lockdown so never been not in use!

Occasional problems starting my 2016 150hp Beach (owned since new). Seems that it's an inlet manifold issue. Flaps sticking and significant carbon build up. VW Customer Services initially said there was a relevant recall but subsequently said they were "mistaken". Searching forums suggests this is a known issue and will likely have to spend £1k+ replacing manifold (hopefully they've redesigned to prevent reoccurrence). Anyone have similar experience/insight?
Ref my earlier post about my inlet manifold being replaced in 2021 - mine needed replaced again (I think it was earlier in 2023). I couldnt get any confirmation of a design change but Ive heard rumor's of it.

Ref my earlier post about my inlet manifold being replaced in 2021 - mine needed replaced again (I think it was earlier in 2023). I couldnt get any confirmation of a design change but Ive heard rumor's of it.
Thanks. Could do with knowing if there has been a design change as will likely influence whether or not I get the work carried out by main dealership. Sadly my 5 year extended warranty has now expired

Back