Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean badging

Tom Rae

Tom Rae

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I am just about to collect my new T6 Ocean (MY 2019) and have been sent a video by the dealer on which I note the TDI badge on the tailgate is missing? Do they all now come like this, I was not aware of an option during the configuration process? Now I will need to check if it is the correct engine spec too!

Tom

As far as I am aware they only come with the California badge, no TDI. If you want them order and fit yourself. I like the fact its now easier to polish

I am just about to collect my new T6 Ocean (MY 2019) and have been sent a video by the dealer on which I note the TDI badge on the tailgate is missing? Do they all now come like this, I was not aware of an option during the configuration process? Now I will need to check if it is the correct engine spec too!

Tom

Make sure it has the opening front bellows.

Thanks, yes it is on my list, excellent surprise innovation in my opinion.
Tom
I'm not keen TBH, but anything for nothing meaning did not know it had it when ordered is good for resale I suppose. It will help to clean the front of the roof and top of the windscreen :bananadance2

I have the standard, rather than the optional coloured, bellows and it has the zip out front, yet the showroom model on display at Hereford doesn't have the option so I guess it's a very recent change.

Mine was fitted with the Tdi bags on the tailgate
2018 reg

Hope that helps

If you really want the Tdi badge ask the dealer to supply it FOC

Have a look at other calis in the show room

If you need a photo of mine let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine was fitted with the Tdi bags on the tailgate
2018 reg

Hope that helps

If you really want the Tdi badge ask the dealer to supply it FOC

Have a look at other calis in the show room

If you need a photo of mine let me know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Perfectos but it doesn't really concern me, I just wondered but I will check the engine bhp :)

Tom

All of the engines are TDI, regardless of bhp.

My 2018 model doesn't have a California badge at all on the tailgate, it just has a TDI badge with the 4 Motion badge underneath that. Personally I'd rather not have it as I prefer the clean look.

Good luck with the collection....exciting times!

All of the engines are TDI, regardless of bhp.

My 2018 model doesn't have a California badge at all on the tailgate, it just has a TDI badge with the 4 Motion badge underneath that. Personally I'd rather not have it as I prefer the clean look.

Good luck with the collection....exciting times!
Cheers, diesel was the only option anyway but in times gone by the "colouring" of the tdi badge signified engine fitted hence my comment. As we have had a number of campers and are quite old, the excitement reduces somewhat but yes, looking forward to actually getting it!

Tom

I may be wrong (happens a lot lately) red "I" is the 150 or old 140, red "DI" is the 204 now the 198 or old 180 and the red "TD"I was the old 174 5 pot.

Happy to be corrected, but as said no badges clean lines.

I may be wrong (happens a lot lately) red "I" is the 150 or old 140, red "DI" is the 204 now the 198 or old 180 and the red "TD"I was the old 174 5 pot.

Happy to be corrected, but as said no badges clean lines.
It used to be all red TDI was top bhp TDI was intermediate and TDI was lowest spec. 4 motion was available with various power units in various markets.

Tom

It used to be all red TDI was top bhp TDI was intermediate and TDI was lowest spec. 4 motion was available with various power units in various markets.

Tom
My last two vans were a 150 and a 140 both had a red "I" only.

I was in dealer yesterday. Their showroom model had the zipped front and a slightly different mesh front window. Better than the older design IMO. Allows more air flow - good for reducing condensation and keeping cool in the summer.:thumb:thumb

I was in dealer yesterday. Their showroom model had the zipped front and a slightly different mesh front window. Better than the older design IMO. Allows more air flow - good for reducing condensation and keeping cool in the summer.:thumb:thumb
I have not used it yet so cant comment if better or not, I will say the extra material and zips keep the sliding hatch tighter so does not vibrate open while driving like the old one did on occasions.

I have not used it yet so cant comment if better or not, I will say the extra material and zips keep the sliding hatch tighter so does not vibrate open while driving like the old one did on occasions.
Have to say never had that problem with mine.

Have to say never had that problem with mine.
Our first one never moved T5, the T6 on occasion slid open but I think this one wont has its quite an effort to open with the extra material on top of it. Time will tell, that's if I ever use it. Collected on the 1st March only been out of the garage for building work (to the garage) and a trip to the shop open day 172 miles so far.

Our first one never moved T5, the T6 on occasion slid open but I think this one wont has its quite an effort to open with the extra material on top of it. Time will tell, that's if I ever use it. Collected on the 1st March only been out of the garage for building work (to the garage) and a trip to the shop open day 172 miles so far.
Oh gosh!.......summers coming!! In our first year of ownership (2017) we used our Cali for more than 75 nights and similar to that last year too. Not been out this year yet but that changes next weekend.

Oh gosh!.......summers coming!! In our first year of ownership (2017) we used our Cali for more than 75 nights and similar to that last year too. Not been out this year yet but that changes next weekend.
We used the last two a lot but with the new one just not had time TBH, lots of building work at home plus uncertain times with work it just sits in the garage.
We have even considered letting it go :( it was ordered with the best intentions at better time but things have change while it was built.
Still undecided but after two previous vans we think this one has evolved.

Do all the MY19’s come with lights in the upstairs and strip lights on cooker/sink doe anyone know?