Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Ocean Wheel Alignment settings

Alan Andrews

Alan Andrews

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I want to have my wheel alignment checked and adjusted.

Some uneven wear on the front tyres and the steering wheel needs to be made horizontal again.

4 wheel alignment is the way to sort this.

But companies I have approached have told me that they do not have the correct settings for a T6 Ocean.

Can anyone advise what camber and toes settings are required please?

Many thanks

1665151792434.png

If this is any help. Measurements off my T6 4 Motion.

Best to take it to someone who knows transporters better in general. CRS Performance are near to you. I would suggest. Come highly recommended on the T6 forum.

I can't directly but....
I have to say that I had uneven tyre wear and the wear patterns were common to a lot that were photographed in many threads a the time and when I replaced the tyres I got them at an F1 auto centre local to me.
The results is that they are not showing uneven wear to any detectable visual level so far and have been on for more miles than when the old ones started to show the uneven wear.
I have also kept a closer eye on the tyre pressure this time. It's never drifted far from the PSI recommendation (44 front 41 rear).

So basically I think the F1 centre details improved things and they never even mentioned struggling to find the data.

Thank you very much.

I suspect that 4 wheel drive might be slightly different to standard T6 Ocean, but is a good start point.

Thank you for reference to CRS Performance, I will do some research.

I can't directly but....
I have to say that I had uneven tyre wear and the wear patterns were common to a lot that were photographed in many threads a the time and when I replaced the tyres I got them at an F1 auto centre local to me.
The results is that they are not showing uneven wear to any detectable visual level so far and have been on for more miles than when the old ones started to show the uneven wear.
I have also kept a closer eye on the tyre pressure this time. It's never drifted far from the PSI recommendation (44 front 41 rear).

So basically I think the F1 centre details improved things and they never even mentioned struggling to find the data.
I did approach F1 center as they are very close, but they said that their systems only have standard transporter, and the extra weight of the ocean would be different. Instead I did ask if they can setup for a T30, but they said no.

I can't directly but....

Did you change brands? The standard Bridgestone Turanza are horrible when it comes to wear.

CRS Performance don’t have (certainly didn’t have) any wheel alignment equipment, I would look for someone near you, this link may help find a centre with Hunter 4 wheel alignment kit.

Gosh, that’s not a lot of neg camber up front?
Does it go around corners like that? :happy

CRS Performance don’t have (certainly didn’t have) any wheel alignment equipment, I would look for someone near you, this link may help find a centre with Hunter 4 wheel alignment kit.

Thank you.

Yes I have heard that Hunter is the brand of equipment required. I will investigate.

@sidepod , was that note on the alignment of the pic that I have posted up top? Yeah, you always wonder why the manufacturers give such wide ranges.
There is quite a range available. I was wondering why it was set so low in the range? I run mine towards the upper limit -1.45. It definitely improves things.

There is quite a range available. I was wondering why it was set so low in the range? I run mine towards the upper limit -1.45. It definitely improves things.
Thank you. That is interesting. I will check it out. As I have VB Air installed, always wondered what the measurements would be with my van in the sports setting. Should get that question answered the next time I get to Bognor Motors who did the alignment and check a year ago. Time for a visit again. I just get it done every year or year and a half.

ABP Motorsport on the outskirts of Crewe are a Hunter alignment centre.

Back