Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 optional extras: laminated glass - windscreen

JohnnyP

JohnnyP

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi, does anyone have more info on this option than the dealers, I have been informed that this is for noise reduction but does this also help to reduce condensation? This is an expensive option £420 for what can only be marginal noise reduction unless there are some other benefits to go along with it.

I don't know anything about it but if you type 'laminated glass' in the search function above you'll get all the posts where it has been talked about. :)

I have had a T5 with and without. I noticed no benefit in terms of noise reduction. There could however be safety / security benefits of the side glass in the cab staying whole when broken (windscreens are laminated anyhow).

I could be wrong because the options list is very confusing on some points, but if I remember correctly what the dealer told me, this option includes the heated windscreen also and not just the thicker laminated glass.
Looking at the options list now, I'm not so sure anymore! :confused:
Do you have the option code?

I could be wrong because the options list is very confusing on some points, but if I remember correctly what the dealer told me, this option includes the heated windscreen also and not just the thicker laminated glass.
Looking at the options list now, I'm not so sure anymore! :confused:
Do you have the option code?

The code is Z2C, the dealer didn't mention the heated windscreen to me however what's more confusing is the catalogue I have used from tinterweb only mentions an insulating glass package which states the following:
It reduces exterior noise by upto 6db. The front windscreen is specially coated and made from insulating glass while the side windows are also reinforced. All windows in the passenger compartment are tinted (privacy glass). The optionally available side windows cannot be supplied with acoustic glass.

My dealer let me choose the laminated glass and privacy glass options separately

On my list (in German), Z2C is only available for the Ocean model and says; Isolating glass with improved exterior noise reduction in cockpit and double glazing (Privacy) in passenger compartment (excl. sliding windows), including rain sensor and automatic dimming rear view mirror.
There seems to be separate options for the heated windscreen and dark glass only! I don't see an option only for laminated glass.

I've been advised today that...
'The laminated glass does aid the insulation and help irradiate noise'
This was from the Executive Customer Relations Manager at VW Commercial

I've been advised today that...
'The laminated glass does aid the insulation and help irradiate noise'
This was from the Executive Customer Relations Manager at VW Commercial
Thanks Aidy P, I am going to speak to VW tomorrow to confirm if the z2c option includes privacy glass for the UK. I suspect the query will be forwarded to VW Germany for an answer.

We dont get fixed blinds in the cab either ( this is one feature I wanted) I have now been told we get curtains for the cab area!!!! Why do the Germans get a better spec?

Has a release date of the official UK spec / options been announced yet?
The options list and brochure I have read contradict each other on several of the options. Options list says standard for the Ocean but the brochure states optional extra.

We dont get fixed blinds in the cab either ( this is one feature I wanted) I have now been told we get curtains for the cab area!!!! Why do the Germans get a better spec?
I really don't understand this because they are built into the A columns and are not effected by the LHD/RHD configurations!

Thanks Aidy P, I am going to speak to VW tomorrow to confirm if the z2c option includes privacy glass for the UK. I suspect the query will be forwarded to VW Germany for an answer.

I have received the following confirmation from VW (thru a dealer) that the laminated glass in can (option z2c) does include privacy glass. If you have selected both on your vehicle order the privacy glass option will be cancelled. This can only be confirmed for the UK.
I have taken the privacy glass option off my order.

Back