Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 radio help

capt kirk

capt kirk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi guys
Wondered if anyone had seen this issue and if it is fixable without involving a garage.
Had a nice drive to cornwall last week listening to george ezra when i got a phone call. I answered the call and when finished pressed the end call button but the music didnt return. when i pressed the volume it came up as still phone volume so i guess it didnt release the call properly. I had to pull over turn off the engine, take the keys out and lock the van before it would release the music to play. That seemed to work and i carried on. I got another call and it did it again, but this time i pressed and held the radio on off button and that worked. So is it the radio or gearge ezra ?
My question is:- can you update the media software at home or does it have to go in and how do you find the current software version on the unit.
Also the music was playing from a usb stick.

Can’t answer, but like music choice...

Hi guys
Wondered if anyone had seen this issue and if it is fixable without involving a garage.
Had a nice drive to cornwall last week listening to george ezra when i got a phone call. I answered the call and when finished pressed the end call button but the music didnt return. when i pressed the volume it came up as still phone volume so i guess it didnt release the call properly. I had to pull over turn off the engine, take the keys out and lock the van before it would release the music to play. That seemed to work and i carried on. I got another call and it did it again, but this time i pressed and held the radio on off button and that worked. So is it the radio or gearge ezra ?
My question is:- can you update the media software at home or does it have to go in and how do you find the current software version on the unit.
Also the music was playing from a usb stick.
There has been firmware updates to the Media unit.

mine was updated by “Sat Nav systems“ surbiton / Chertsey, when a dealer wiped my unit setting, they swapped out the unit for an updated version, but that is a different storey altogether.

very knowledgeable guys, uber friendly and used by lots of dealers to carry out “dealer” upgrades etc.

Back