Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 - Roof Lining Dropping and Tailgate Leak

M

mbenne

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Have had a couple of issues to date. Roof lining not seating properly above drivers door and now (yesterday) water is dripping in through the tailgate when it rains! VW Swansway Birmingham have kindly agreed to collect from home and deliver back to do the roof lining after they were unable to fix when I previously took it in - seems a new roof lining and additional parts were needed and would take approx 2 weeks. I have now notified them of the tailgate leak and they will now address both problems at the same time.

Took delivery of van in July with only 30 miles on the clock. Roof lining was fine but has now decided to come away from the door seal and there were no obvious leaks from the tailgate despite using van in heavy rain on four day trip to Cornwall in August. As far as I know water has not caused the roof lining problem. Anyone else had similar issues?

ps - the roof lining pic was posted a few weeks back but as we now have a leak too I've linked the faults

Roof lining.JPG

IMG-20191031-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191031-WA0000.jpg

Start by checking you high breaklight , it can cause water ingress

My 2016 Ocean was in for a few warranty issues a couple of weeks ago, including the roof lining dropping in a similar manner at the rear nearside - only noticeable when roof was raised.
I was told there were fixings missing and hence not a warranty issue. I asked them to have a look inside the lining for the fixings as if they weren’t there (and hence fallen out of place) then they simply weren’t there from new... and hence it was a warranty issue in my view...
To cut a long story short (as it’s on another thread under Electrical), they messed up several things and so fixed the roof as well for free.
Hopefully your dealer is more on the ball from the start.

My 2016 Ocean was in for a few warranty issues a couple of weeks ago, including the roof lining dropping in a similar manner at the rear nearside - only noticeable when roof was raised.
I was told there were fixings missing and hence not a warranty issue. I asked them to have a look inside the lining for the fixings as if they weren’t there (and hence fallen out of place) then they simply weren’t there from new... and hence it was a warranty issue in my view...
To cut a long story short (as it’s on another thread under Electrical), they messed up several things and so fixed the roof as well for free.
Hopefully your dealer is more on the ball from the start.
Oddly enough when the parts were placed on order it was the fixings we were waiting when on!

Oddly enough when the parts were placed on order it was the fixings we were waiting when on!
So maybe we have theme of T6 with roof liner clips missing in manufacture... hopefully others will take note...

Start by checking you high breaklight , it can cause water ingress
The High Level Brake light can be problematic but the water normally runs down inside the tailgate but your pictures show water on the rear roof lining, so possibly a different cause.

We had exactly the same in our Ocean and it went in for warranty work. They said it was blocked drains in the roof (the rear ones) and gave I tips to keep them clean - the same ones tips that are on this forum.

We haven't had heavy rail to retest this since but maybe it could be worth checking