Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 Supplementary Heater Problem

A

Ardbeg

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi Folks

Have searched through the forum for someone with a similar problem to me and can't find hence this new thread.

We took delivery of our T6 204 DSG at the end of June and it is only recently we have been trying out the supplementary heater only to discover that it doesn't stay on longer than about 4 mins.

When we have tried the heater it has always been when we have been hooked up at a site and there has been plenty of diesel in the tank. The heater stops heating whether we have switched it on manually (either with the remote control or via the control panel) or have programmed it. We have tried it on level 2, level 7 and level 10 but still the heater switches off after roughly 4 mins. While it is on I have checked the heater status via the control panel and it is not reporting a fault. I'm not sure what kind of heater it is because there is both a Webasto and an Eberspacher sticker on the drivers door.

Anyone have any ideas? Sounds to me like it might be a thermostat issue. Is there anything I can try or should I just report it to the dealer?

What voltage and charge current are you seeing when on hookup? (Just to confirm your internal charger is connected and charging)

Does the heater work with the engine running? (Double checking it's not a low voltage protection issue)

What voltage and charge current are you seeing when on hookup? (Just to confirm your internal charger is connected and charging)

Does the heater work with the engine running? (Double checking it's not a low voltage protection issue)
Thanks for the quick reply Loz. I can't recall what the voltage / current were but the battery levels were fine. I'll plug it in at home and check it out. What figures would you expect to see for the voltage / current if it was working? Didn't try it with the engine running so will try that out as well and let you know.