Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T6 to T6.1, what's transferable?

N

Nik Boyd

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
I'm looking at changing from a T6 Ocean to a T6.1 Ocean at the moment - does anyone know what sized accessories would be transferable?

Thinking floor mats, cupboard inlays etc

Thanks

Nik

Boot carpets - sides different size & shape, floor one shorter ( T6 one stops the bed going back the extra 50mm)
Middle carpets - T6.1 slightly longer.
Cab Carpets - drivers footwell different T6 won't fit
Under sink / hob cupboards the same
Rear cupboard - shelves slightly different due to changed doors, I think the T6 inlays would be smaller so would still fit.just not reach to the rear edges.
Bed overlays sheets etc - downstairs bed about 50mm shorter so should all fit just with a bit of overhang.
Bed Upstairs - now one piece mattress so old fitted sheets don't fit.
Briwy shelf - corner shelf won't fit T6.1 as no rail on end of kitchen.
Seat covers - fit but note new shade of grey so won't match, front seats now have extra pockets, new brandrup covers have extra zipped access for these. Rear seat has slightly changed position of isofix fixings.
If you use it - you don't get a towel rail with T6.1. & only one cup holder.
Bike rack same for T6 & T6.1
Isotop for roof - full front opening uses different isotop
Side window fly screens - T6 don't fit T6.1

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head!

Thanks for your reply - really detailed.

So in short, other than the under sink cupboards, the answer is not much! ;)
VW seem to have a habit of doing this with facelift models, changing just about absolutely everything.

Thanks for your reply - really detailed.

So in short, other than the under sink cupboards, the answer is not much! ;)
VW seem to have a habit of doing this with facelift models, changing just about absolutely everything.
Yes, being a bit of a Brandrup fanboy it cost me the best part of £2k to re-equip the van with carpets, seat covers, isotop etc when I changed. Coming from a T5.1 I also need a new bike rack.
I don't remember anything changing between T5 - T5.1 - T6 other than seat colours

The fly screens are annoying - we've got the metal slot in ones, can't remember who they are made bu but I remember they were a pita to get hold of last time.

We've got rubberised matting all through the floor and seat covers - all an absolutely must with how we use the van, regularly drag damp walking/climbing gear through it.

The fly screens are annoying - we've got the metal slot in ones, can't remember who they are made bu but I remember they were a pita to get hold of last time.

We've got rubberised matting all through the floor and seat covers - all an absolutely must with how we use the van, regularly drag damp walking/climbing gear through it.

The seat covers will still physically fit - I don't think the Inka waterproof ones have changed.
Rubber matting should be ok for the middle & boot, its just the Brandrup boot mat doesn't have a cut out for the rails so the seat won't go back further, & the middle mat is then a bit short with the seat further back. I could have cut the old ones etc if needed but to be honest wanted new ones in a new van.

having seen this on the club shop:

does that mean that in theory the rubber matting we have in the passenger compartment would still fit?

having seen this on the club shop:

does that mean that in theory the rubber matting we have in the passenger compartment would still fit?

That link is to a caravelle one which doesn't have the sightly changed bed position.

I would have thought a rubber one should be ok - don't know how it compares lengthwise with the Brandrup mats.
The extra 50mm makes a difference as without it the middle roller under the draw/bench drops off the end of the carpet & could catch it rather than roll over it when the draw/bench is moved forwards. Its not a major problem if it happens just annoying.

A rubber mat may well be thinner & lay flatter than the carpet anyway which would stop this happening.

Just checked with the club shop and they don't think it will fit - but there is no alternative at the moment. might have to look into getting something custom made as I don't know how carpet will fare.

Looking at the set below from the club shop I realise its carpet but its easy to explain with a picture!

The top cab part won't fit without cutting around the footrest/centre bulge in floor

The middle bit for a T6.1 the three fingers hanging downat the bottom of the picture thats under the bench should ideally be 50mm longer but I am 100% sure it will still actually fit.

Bottom boot bit will be 50mm too long - needs cutting off the top edge.

If you go for a mat that doesn't tuck under the bench a T6 one would have a 50mm gap between the edge of the mat & the front edge of the draw.
deluxe-carpet-vwcalifornia-800x800.jpg

Thanks, that makes a lot of sense.

Considering options, whether we go carpet or even spec in the wooden floor - no idea how hard wearing/easy to keep clean that would be.

We regularly brush out the floor area when we're away, but tend to do away for 10+ days at a time and end up covered in mud quite often.

Ive got the Brandrup carpet but also keep a £20 universal rubber mat cut to size over the top when we are not camping, especially through winter. I'm then not bothered about the muddy dog / site boots / walking boots/ picking up stuff at a garden centre etc
The carpet makes the van a lot quieter than just the grey plastic floor.