Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

T7 test spy movie

Doesn’t look that different to a t6 imho.
Maybe the Idbuzz is lurking underneath?

Like other pics we've seen, it does look smaller. Possibly the new Touran.

In the UK you can type in a Rego number on a few different sites and it comes up with details of the vehicle eg. Engine capacity, 4motion etc.
Anyone know where to type in the German Rego number and possibly pull up some info?

I've always been suspicious of these so called spy shots. The camera man or woman appears to have leap frogged this VW convoy all the way up the Grossglockner to get those shots. Unless there was a bus load of paps lying in wait, VW almost certainly had a hand in releasing this clip. If that is the case then it's almost certainly the T7 unless they were deliberately trying to throw people off the scent.
As for the van, well there seems to be minor changes to the shape and possibly size. Further than that who can tell with all that jazzy vinyl! Personally, the scenery is far more interesting at this stage.

Last edited:
Why change the size? Surely the whole point of a van is size.

Looks smaller, more like an mpv than a van
View attachment 59987

I also paused the clip at this point.

Due to the trailer and probably a load in the T7, it is sitting lower to the ground than that T6. Also being slightly further away, it would look slightly smaller. Finally, it looks like the roof drops lower on the T7 from the sliding door to the rear tailgate, all meaning that it looks considerably smaller.

In reality, it recon its probably just slightly smaller, making the T7 more similar in size to the Marco Polo

Why change the size? Surely the whole point of a van is size.
I agree.
I said "there seems to be minor changes to the shape and possibly size". The size comment was based on what others have said on this and at least one other thread. We'll just have to wait and see.

That sloping roof might make a pop top awkward.

I thought the whole premise of the Transporter series was the capability of carrying 2 standard Euro Pallets. 1 loaded through the rear and 1 through the side door.

Probably a higher profile than currently like the MP.

C63D5569-5927-4CCB-8850-3E13CA1BDD4C.jpeg

Lack of intake or a small one maybe suggests electric?

If VW start borrowing from the Porsche parts bin then you're already north of 100khw so a potential4-500km Cali might be possible today, further when released.

For me that's electric, underside so flat and couldn't see an exhaust, but the last part of the clip on return did sound like an engine, either way exciting news.

I wouldn’t expect it to look much different from the latest T6.1 California.
Volkswagen don’t do radical...

What I found interesting was a mention somewhere that the T7 is expected to released at the end of 2020. If that is true, what was the point of the incredibly short lived T6-1?

What I found interesting was a mention somewhere that the T7 is expected to released at the end of 2020. If that is true, what was the point of the incredibly short lived T6-1?
Yes, i too was a bit puzzled, it would be a short lived model.

It could be that the T6.1 California lives on for another few years.

My T5.1 Beach has plenty of room for 7 adults plus all of our equipment for a week skiing in the Alps behind the third row. This camouflaged van is obviously much smaller, which is why I suspect it's a Touran.Screen Shot 2020-05-30 at 3.37.19 PM.png