Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

...Taken the plunge...

M

Matthew Wood

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Happy to say we are the owners of a California! Started off thinking about getting a Transporter and converting, but then saw the factory standard and realised it had everything we needed. We had done some research but not nearly enough, and so it was quite a nervous week building up to the date of collection! Haven't heard a bad word from anyone, so can't wait. Not yet been out in it (as a camper) our first trip is in a couple of weeks; a busy May Bank Holiday, but hopefully lots of people about to help when we tangled in knots!! Just got the basics at the moment, thinking we will start to collect everything as we go and learn what we need, rather than buying everything and realising some things are obsolete!! Fingers crossed, but very excited!

Thank you, I feel like a little kid at Christmas!! Can't wait to get out in it!! Because we bought it sooner than expected we hadn't planned any weekends! Chomping at the bit to get out in it!!

We have had ours (Moose) since late September and would not be without now, haven't used as much as we wanted due to work, weather etc but somehow we have already covered 10k!!!
Our 1st real outing was the club meet in Dorset, it was rather cold and if the wind chill was correct it was -7 one night as we slept up top we had cold toes and noses come the morning!!
Decided if we can manage that we can do anything, main worry is really wet muddy weather as it is now with 2 dogs:(. We are going to the Gloucester meet so hoping weather improves.

Happy to say we are the owners of a California! Started off thinking about getting a Transporter and converting, but then saw the factory standard and realised it had everything we needed. We had done some research but not nearly enough, and so it was quite a nervous week building up to the date of collection! Haven't heard a bad word from anyone, so can't wait. Not yet been out in it (as a camper) our first trip is in a couple of weeks; a busy May Bank Holiday, but hopefully lots of people about to help when we tangled in knots!! Just got the basics at the moment, thinking we will start to collect everything as we go and learn what we need, rather than buying everything and realising some things are obsolete!! Fingers crossed, but very excited!

Well a great big welcome to you and hopefully we will soon be hearing lots about your trips and adventure ... with lots of pics of course :D

If parked up on a campsite and you see another Cali, don't be afraid to say hello, we are a friendly bunch but not so much we like to interfere in others privacy but generally you will find a cali owner more than happy to show you around their pride and joy and equally happy to help you with yours.

Otherwise, ask away here. Loads of information, loads of wisdom, some bits of daft nonsense as well (mostly from me :shocked) and if you are around the Northwich/warrington are mid may then so will I be :happy

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Welcome to the forum and the world of Cali ownership

:welcome Great adventures to come.:cheers

Welcome, I’m new here myself but have found it really friendly and useful. I guess you got the Ocean? New or pre-loved?
Photos?
Farl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations and welcome. You can never do enough research! Glad you took the plunge. Great times ahead and this forum is a great resource. You’re right to pick things up as you go rather than go on an immediate spending spree.