Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tap end required

Martyn 4950

Martyn 4950

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I need a mixer tap.....mine has gone missing Its a screw thread female connection
Any suggestions before I have to contact VW for a new expensive one?

Mixer tap? You got hot water? Shower? :confused:

Seriously, can you post a pic so we can see where you mean?

Strangely he tap in the Cali is sometimes described as a "mixer tap" by it's manufacturer - Reich, so I guess it's the spout for the normal tap that's needed.

Have a look at eBay, search "Reich tap spout"... should be around £10 to £15.

eBay item

Looks like the right one.

Alternatively whole taps are about £50... but make sure you get a cold only... not a mixer unless you've got some non-std hot water system.

Rgds

Mark

Last edited:
Thanks guys for advice....hope the picture is clear for you

IMG_1502.JPG

I went and contacted the eBay seller re, Reich Tap Spout. They said that this item would not fit

I went and contacted the eBay seller re, Reich Tap Spout. They said that this item would not fit

Havre to say.. I'm pretty sure it would... Looks like the same click fit with "o" ring and it's not unlike the one I bought.

Personally, I'd risk it for £15 but ultimately your call.

Hope you get it sorted.

Rgds
Mark

I keep these in stock in our shop. Have both chrome and matt nickel available. Can include postage for forum member at our usual shop price which is £13.25. Not sure if they would fit or not though.

2015-07-23 08.48.06.jpg

The Reich tap it is from is pictured below.
2015-07-23 08.54.51.jpg

Hi Rich..really appreciate your help btw. Here is a closer picture. Mine is a screw thread fitting and not a click fit
I could ring you to discuss if you send me a text....mine is 07912302773

Regards

Martyn

IMG_1503.JPG

Hi Martyn,

The ones we have are definitely not screw thread. They look like they just push on over o rings. The inside is smooth. I will do some searching with my suppliers to see if I can find the correct one. If I get any joy I will call you.

Cheers

Rich

Actually...im not sure if it is threaded. It may be just ribbed. My eyes aint what they used to be

Hi Rich
That would be brilliant thanks

Hi everyone and many thanks for your help. Sorted the problem with the Reich as recommended.
Saved myself £30
Brilliant

Which one worked?

CARAVAN MOTORHOME REICH MIXER TAP PLASTIC PLASTIC SPOUT IN MATT NICKEL - F228

From rich-s?

Had my tap spout come loose, and thought I'd fixed it by putting a new rubber 'O' ring on the threaded white plastic tap stem, and pushing the tap back on. Unfortunately it worked loose and wouldn't reseat properly, and I was confused by the lack of a thread on the inside of the spout, so I assumed something was missing from the inside of the spout.
Luckily, before I ordered a new Reich spout, I tried pushing the 2 together with the aid of a one-handed clamp, and after a loud click, the 2 pieces went back together. It takes quite a bit of force, (hence the clamp,) but it seems to be designed this way.