Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tap working intermittently.

stephen watson

stephen watson

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I think this will be a warranty job, but as that might take a day of my time to get there to diagnose and another day to fix, some way away thought I'd ask if anyone knows a fix:
My sink tap has started to work intermittently. There is definitely water in the tank. When you switch it on you hear a slight click (electrical switch?) but then no pump noise or water. Try it a few times and it might work a bit later - with sometimes quite a bit of gurgling and non uniform flow - almost like an airlock but I don't think it is. When the pump runs it always delivers water. I have the VW shower and although I never use it when you flick the switch the pump always starts so I don't think its the pump. Checked the fuse connection under the sink which seems to be firm.
Any ideas anyone please?

Do the shower and tap share the same pump? I'd assume they had separate ones.

I had this problem on previous (non Cali) camper. In my case a new tsp was needed, as the microswitch in the tap had gone. It started intermittent and became permanently u/s. I could hear the click but pump did not activate

Usually if you can hear the tap click when you turn it on its most likely to be pump, could try taking pump out and giving it a clean.

Thanks - I think I'm going to take it to the dealer - it's under guarantee and if I try to take it out myself I'll probably break it with my limited skills. I just assumed the shower and tap had the same pump - otherwise it seems to be needles duplication, but I might be wrong.

It had never occurred to me that this could happen and was quite inconvenient to say the least. In future I think I'm going to keep a small water container in the van in case it happens again....

Thanks - I think I'm going to take it to the dealer - it's under guarantee and if I try to take it out myself I'll probably break it with my limited skills. I just assumed the shower and tap had the same pump - otherwise it seems to be needles duplication, but I might be wrong.

It had never occurred to me that this could happen and was quite inconvenient to say the least. In future I think I'm going to keep a small water container in the van in case it happens again....
The shower and kitchen tap share the same tap.
Turn kitchen tap on - No water. Leave it Open and switch Shower On. water from Kitchen Tap.
Poor connection in Kitchen Tap or electrical fault between Kitchen tap and junction with shower tap.

Thanks WG. Just tried it. Tap doesn't work but with tap open and shower switched on water at sink - so as you say some kind of electrical fault I think. When you turn the tap on I think there is a slight click (coming from tap region) as if a switch is being triggered. Do you think that means the tap maybe ok but the electrical fault is elsewhere? The fuse connection under the sink seems ok. Also looked at top of water tank under cover in wardrobe and all seems connected. Not sure where else to look...
Will book into garage next week unless there is something obvious you point me towards.

Thanks WG. Just tried it. Tap doesn't work but with tap open and shower switched on water at sink - so as you say some kind of electrical fault I think. When you turn the tap on I think there is a slight click (coming from tap region) as if a switch is being triggered. Do you think that means the tap maybe ok but the electrical fault is elsewhere? The fuse connection under the sink seems ok. Also looked at top of water tank under cover in wardrobe and all seems connected. Not sure where else to look...
Will book into garage next week unless there is something obvious you point me towards.
It is probably a dodgy connection within the tap.

We had this issue was the mico switch in the tap dealer fixed with new tap. Our dealer said they had a few T6 Oceans with issue