Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tapped !

Has happend before , let your dealer sort it out.
If you want to give it a repair yourself you need to give more info and/or look on the forum for tips...

Take it to the dealer if you tackle it yourself and it goes wrong the dealer won't want to know

All of the tap or part of the tap? If the tap end has come off on our out of warranty T5 it just pushed back on - hard push re-fixed our tap it looked like it should screwed in but just a push on fix. Otherwise you have a VW warranty so they will fix it if you do not want to do it I was out of warranty so no bainer.

Last edited:
It is just the spout but it refuses to push back on so it Will be going back to the dealer you would have thought that when you spend over 70k they would make it last more than a few months and then there are the little rubber bump stops behind the bench seat that fall off all the time...

2A9B7407-CF4E-4548-9A38-835BF7AEA718.jpeg 7E811143-D18F-48B0-BDAB-FEA4FA568DE8.jpeg I am guessing this is the same as happened to me before I realised we had a warranty.
The spout came off and by using large gas pliers and squeezing it together squarely, using cloth or card to prevent scratching, the thing remains in place to this day!
Probably a G clamp or the like would work. It just pushes on.

As for the rubber bump stops, gave up on them.....

Last edited:
new T6 ocean, got it in august, and my tap just dropped off !

Mine recently dropped off as well, the stub of ice that pushed it off was still in the sink with the tap nozzle. First time in three years off use in winter this has happened, 4 days of sub zero while we were staying in a holiday lodge. If we had been sleeping in and using the van sure this would not have happened.

If its indeed the spout and not the whole assembly as per eddies photos above then i would be interested in how it eventually goes back on? Ours pushed off with the ice and also refuses to go back on. Its a ridged system that kind of looks like it may screw on but neither screws or pushes on.

If its indeed the spout and not the whole assembly as per eddies photos above then i would be interested in how it eventually goes back on? Ours pushed off with the ice and also refuses to go back on. Its a ridged system that kind of looks like it may screw on but neither screws or pushes on.
It does push on, but requires some considerable force. A G clamp would be the best option.

Yes try twisting and pushing it at the same time .

My one also looks like is should screw on but does not, some sort of internal thread is visible. I just pushed my one on till it reached the o ring on the spigot on the tap body, no significant pressure needed at all, I smeared the spigot with silicon adhesive to ensure a seal and assist with retention, seems to work fine under water pressure when tap is on. Sorry I did not think to take photos, if it does it again I will.

If?... you use pipe grips, please put something like a chamoise around the tap first so you dont mark it... as WG said a G-Clamp would be better.

Thanks guys. Ill report back when i get it done. Good advice. Silicone probably will help. As a sort of follow up to a different post i had on this - system froze solid during recent cold spell. Once it thawed i opened the tank and checked the pump and the lines and - amazingly- the only damage was the tap spout being pushed off. If it repairs then ill be very pleased.

This happened to mine a few weeks back. I managed to get it back on by removing the vertical swivelling piece of plastic from the tap first. I then could use my weight to reattach the silver spout into that black piece of plastic away from the sink.