Tapping into electrical connections in the wardrobe

Soton Campers

Soton Campers

Southampton Campers
VIP Member
Trade Advertiser
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi all. After some advice please. I need to install an electrical device and after removing the hatch for the leisure battery in the bottom of the cupboard and having a look around I could see that the wires to the water tank sender unit look easy to splice into. I just need a permanent live. Would this be ok tapping into this I should I do it direct from the leisure battery terminals? If I do need to disconnect the leisure battery, is there anything I need to do before hand? I wouldn't want to cause a fault or anything!

IMG_20191019_164610.jpg

Take it off the leisure battery.

Hi all. After some advice please. I need to install an electrical device and after removing the hatch for the leisure battery in the bottom of the cupboard and having a look around I could see that the wires to the water tank sender unit look easy to splice into. I just need a permanent live. Would this be ok tapping into this I should I do it direct from the leisure battery terminals? If I do need to disconnect the leisure battery, is there anything I need to do before hand? I wouldn't want to cause a fault or anything!

View attachment 51649
You have two leisure batteries. One under the front left hand seat and you’ve found the second one. In order to do any wiring work, I would disconnect both batteries first.

Another vote for tapping from the batteries.
If you don't want to disconnect the batteries, just wire everything ready, and connect the last wire to the battery.
Then put in the fuse, and nothing happened.
Make sure the fuse is as close as possible to the battery (there is a fuse rail under the left front seat), but still reachable without too much dismantling needed.

Back