Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Techy rage.

Borris

Borris

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
What's the worst thing you've ever done to a misbehaving techy gadget.

I once had big issues with a computer printer. After trying to get it to play ball for over an hour and giving it fair warning, l finally decided to teach it a lesson it wouldn't forget and dropped onto concrete from a first floor window. It's replacement had obviously heard about my intolerance and has behaved faultlessly.

Today I had another slight disagreement with my Samsung tablet. Not the first I'm afraid. We have never got on and have had a constant battle over who knows best. I type one thing and it comes up with it's own version. Today's misbehaviour led to my losing a long and carefully worded objection to a local Planning Application. The result was a flight across the sitting room and a badly cracked screen. Not the first time it's flown either! Any more of this monkey business and it's a goner.

On the other hand, my old Ipad is an absolute honey. She always does what I ask her with none of the s#!÷÷¥ attitude of the Samsung.

Last edited:
Samsung went through a phase where they used degrading flash chips, so they got slower over time. No idea if they still do that but it caused issues that you are describing..

My Nest Thermostat received its last and final yesterday. Crucifixion is too good for it so I need to come up with something suitable.

I like to throw stuff, flyPhone 4 through 6.

And on a similar note, instead of calling out the technician, here's how to deal with misbehaving white goods:

Best not try this at home children.

And on a similar note, instead of calling out the technician, here's how to deal with misbehaving white goods:

Totally insane.
No safety specs and messing with electricity in a big metal box. Very dangerous.

What's the worst thing you've ever done to a misbehaving techy gadget.

I once had big issues with a computor printer. After trying to get it to play ball for over an hour and giving it fair warning, l finally decided to teach it a lesson it wouldn't forget and dropped onto concrete from a first floor window. It's replacement had obviously heard about my intolerance and has behaved faultlessly.

Today I had another slight disagreement with my Samsung tablet. Not the first I'm afraid. We have never got on and have had a constant battle over who knows best. I type one thing and it comes up with it's own version. Today's misbehaviour led to my losing a long and carefully worded objection to a local Planning Application. The result was a flight across the sitting room and a badly cracked screen. Not the first time it's flown either! Any more of this monkey business and it's a goner.

On the other hand, my old Ipad is an absolute honey. She always does what I ask her with none of the s#!÷÷¥ attitude of the Samsung.
Blimey Borris ......I wouldn’t like to upset you!

Alan

Totally insane.
No safety specs and messing with electricity in a big metal box. Very dangerous.
Yes, I totally agree. Very dangerous indeed. I don't try that at home or anywhere else for that matter.

But you have to admit that Colin Furze is funny. Take a look on Youtube and see some of the things he gets up to, e.g Sticking a pulse jet in a Ford Transit van.

Blimey Borris ......I wouldn’t like to upset you!

Alan
Oh I'm just a pussy cat really. A pussy cat that has the odd hissy fit when techy stuff doesn't behave.

Better not fall out with your new van Paul. Bit big for throwing around :)

Not to be the smartass, but normally techy stuff can only do what the user "tells" it to do. So if it doesn't do what you want it to do, you might ask yourself: have I been clear enough to my techy? Let's start all over again and see where we get from there.
Once you learn your stuff to fly, it's too late to be able to teach yourself how to use techy stuff.

No?

Better not fall out with your new van Paul. Bit big for throwing around :)
No Brian, that's quite safe.
I can't guarantee that tablet's future though.

Last edited:
Not to be the smartass, but normally techy stuff can only do what the user "tells" it to do. So if it doesn't do what you want it to do, you might ask yourself: have I been clear enough to my techy? Let's start all over again and see where we get from there.
Once you learn your stuff to fly, it's too late to be able to teach yourself how to use techy stuff.

No?
Yes I agree, "normally". However, it's also relatively normal for computers etc to have glitches and throw up un-scheduled problems. Technical equipment doesn't always work as it should despite correct input from the user. I've used computers on a dailly basis since the eighties so have had plenty of time to both discover that and learn to despise their fiendish ways. I don't pretend to be an expert but I'm no novice either.

No problem. Didn't want to offend you in any way, thinking you don't know anything about computers.
But throwing with stuff usually makes the problem worse than taking a deep breath, reboot the thing and try to start all over. If it still doesn't work, sell it and buy a new one.

No problem. Didn't want to offend you in any way, thinking you don't know anything about computers.
But throwing with stuff usually makes the problem worse than taking a deep breath, reboot the thing and try to start all over. If it still doesn't work, sell it and buy a new one.
Your fine. No offence taken.
However, I should point out that this thread was intended as a humerous look into irrational human behavior rather than to elicit advice. Here's a classic example:
:thumb

Last edited:
My Nest Thermostat received its last and final yesterday. Crucifixion is too good for it so I need to come up with something suitable.
I have a Hive one, really like it. I am not convinced being able to turn the heating on remotely will save anyone money though ;)

Thank you thank you thank you.
One of the best laughs I have had in ages

Thank you thank you thank you.
One of the best laughs I have had in ages
Try looking at some of his other projects on Youtube. Colin Furze is a very clever chap but somewhat crackers as well.

My minidisc player after its final warning - circa 1998
B3F6E786-FFFD-4A2B-AB92-E8DE434973A6.jpeg