Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Telepeage tags: Ulys vs Emovis

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Can anyone tell me what/whether there is a difference between these french motorway tags pls? (See images below- the Ulys tag cost me 7 euros in a service station)

Emovis seems a lot more expensive, but they appear to have similar functionality.

Unclear why such a big price difference

Thanks

32680EE7-FDA6-4DF6-84AC-FBEF5C8D3424.png

B9AE5103-3E69-4330-9BCF-733E9E646400.png

Based in the UK, I signed up to this one a few years ago. There are no annual fees or deposit and the monthly fee, when tag is used, is currently €1.70 per month. There was €10 delivery charge to the UK and all charged to a UK credit card.
Worked a treat and would recommend.

Thanks- I have subscribed- bit of a carry on but should be good to go.

Worth getting it pre trip as it’s taken 3 days to activate with multiple steps

I got the Ulys one in a petrol station. Will report back. Looks like same deal as @Tim Hook has - why Emovis so expensive???

Based in the UK, I signed up to this one a few years ago. There are no annual fees or deposit and the monthly fee, when tag is used, is currently €1.70 per month. There was €10 delivery charge to the UK and all charged to a UK credit card.
I also have one of these tags from Mango-Mobilites just make sure you link it to a fee free card like a Halifax Clarity or Starling card or similar. I did have a problem last year half way through my trip in that the battery decided to die. Had to wait until I got back to the UK to send it back for an exchange unit as I was nowhere near a APRR service center.

I linked mine to my bank account- hopefully it’s not a scam.!!

I have a Monzo account but that didn’t work as Monzo isn’t part of the swift banking system

Just be aware that your bank could charge you a higher conversion rate as opposed to a fee free card.
I linked mine to my bank account- hopefully it’s not a scam.!!

I have a Monzo account but that didn’t work as Monzo isn’t part of the swift banking system

I've been thinking about the ADAC one for France, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

19,90€ activation fee
3,90€ postage
+19,90€ first year charge.
Total = 43,70€ to get it. Then 19,90€ each year after until you send it back.

There is also a 5% surcharge on the tolls. Thats the small print.

I'm not sure whether to go for it, we always do the card one and haven't been held
up too long and I also like the Péage gran prix.
If my steering wheel was on the wrong side then it would be a must have thing.

Just be aware that your bank could charge you a higher conversion rate as opposed to a fee free card.
I've been thinking about the ADAC one for France, Italy, Spain and Portugal.

19,90€ activation fee
3,90€ postage
+19,90€ first year charge.
Total = 43,70€ to get it. Then 19,90€ each year after until you send it back.

There is also a 5% surcharge on the tolls. Thats the small print.

I'm not sure whether to go for it, we always do the card one and haven't been held
up too long and I also like the Péage gran prix.
If my steering wheel was on the wrong side then it would be a must have thing.
Well the Ulys one was 7 euros from the service station, no activation fee, no subscription, just the peage fee + 2 euros each month you use it. So it seemed reasonable. No way would I pay ADAC charges above…. It’s not that big a deal with the steering wheel on the wrong side … I only got it as it seemed so cheap

Eurotunnel has an offer on Emovis Tag at the moment. We got one from ATMB a few years ago through Eurotunnel with no deposit or fees and have not had any problems with it. I have even got used to driving through the 2m height restriction on the fast track 30kmh lane.

Just a word of warning on the Ulys tag.

I signed up for this one towards the end of last year and they sent it out quickly. They then immediately started sending threatening letters (in french) because they couldn't establish the direct debit with my UK based bank, they were demanding €40 to be send via bank transfer (read the reviews, this is a common problem). Instead I tried to cancel, but they don't have any customer services in English. Eventually I just posted the tag back to them and have ignored any letters they send.

I ended up using emovis just because it's UK based and more reliable - I agree they are more expensive so maybe if you have a European bank account it's worth opting for the Ulys tag.

Read the reviews before ordering: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ulys.com

Is anyone aware of any discounts available for the EMOVIS tag or the LIBER-T tag from our club (or CAMC, CCC, RAC) ? @Loz and @WelshGas do you have any current info by any chance? We’re travelling on “black Saturday“ so I think it’ll be a worthwhile investment!

Is anyone aware of any discounts available for the EMOVIS tag or the LIBER-T tag from our club (or CAMC, CCC, RAC) ? @Loz and @WelshGas do you have any current info by any chance? We’re travelling on “black Saturday“ so I think it’ll be a worthwhile investment!
I got mine from here.

Had a couple of trips to France now using the Ulys tags. Works fine. Billing fine. Absolutely no problems.

Pay via direct debit using the IBAN-Swift system. This is properly set up with The major uk banks. Wonder if those having problems were with Monzo or similar ???

I used the Emovis tag as was easy to set up with a UK bank account I originally tried the mango tag but would have had to open a different bank account as my HSBC account couldn't be used

Looks like 10 Euro discount with RAC..

• Free tag application (save €10)
  • €20 security deposit for the tag - fully refundable
  • €8* annual fee
  • €5* active usage fee for the month in which the tag is used (*subject to French VAT)

Caravan and Motorhome Club has the same deal on their pages for members. 10 Euro application is free. Also applies to the Via-T tag for Spain and Portugal, but only one 10 Euro discount applies.

Had a couple of trips to France now using the Ulys tags. Works fine. Billing fine. Absolutely no problems.

Pay via direct debit using the IBAN-Swift system. This is properly set up with The major uk banks. Wonder if those having problems were with Monzo or similar ???
HSBC for me. Ulys had no problem accepting my IBAN number during checkout/setup but then obviously had some issue with setting up the direct debit. Maybe Brexit related IDK.

Just got Bip and Go. Only problem being where the gizmo is situated on the windscreen - placed where instructed but finding that I have to go very close to the barrier before it opens. Finance setup and operation including App were quick and painless.

definitely worth getting it positioned correctly as it’s such fun seeing how fast you can go through the gates without stopping in The 30kmh lanes for lorries

Any tag is worth the money from a safety point of view. When I used to drive by myself without one I had to stop the car (car then not van) get out, walk around to take the ticket, get back in while being beeped at from cars behind for holding them up. Paying I solved by using a sieve to hold the ticket and credit card out of the passenger window to a person in a booth. In Spain they found it funny but in France the staff seemed unhappy. This became impossible as lots of places there are no staff so back to getting out to pay.

I now have 2 tags, one for Spain and one for France and it is so much easier.

Just signed up for an Emovis tag via Caravan and Motorhome Club. As we have ourselves a 3 vehicle convoy, the others are also getting one. Seemed the least possible hassle route. Thanks to all for the info on this thread. :thanks

Just a word of warning on the Ulys tag.

I signed up for this one towards the end of last year and they sent it out quickly. They then immediately started sending threatening letters (in french) because they couldn't establish the direct debit with my UK based bank, they were demanding €40 to be send via bank transfer (read the reviews, this is a common problem). Instead I tried to cancel, but they don't have any customer services in English. Eventually I just posted the tag back to them and have ignored any letters they send.

I ended up using emovis just because it's UK based and more reliable - I agree they are more expensive so maybe if you have a European bank account it's worth opting for the Ulys tag.

Read the reviews before ordering: https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ulys.com

@brooodie

I am in a similar position with Ulys. They sent me the tag but couldn’t establish a direct debit for some reason. I have returned the tag but they have just mailed to say they are passing my details to a litigation firm for non payment of a forty euro security deposit. It’s impossible to communicate with them as they don’t respond to emails!

How long did they chase you for the euros? I’m wondering how many people just give in and pay it for fear of being taken to court or something. Should I pay or ignore?

Back