Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Television options

Califoznia

Califoznia

VIP Member
Hi all
not sure if this topic has been covered before as all this is brand new to me.
i bought my first cali 2 weeks ago (wish i couldve done it years ago)
the help & advice im looking for today is
which are the best tv options available
where & how to mount (preferably not screwing into any units)
kids will need to view when in motion
any advice will be great
:thanks

i fitted one on a arm that comes out of wardrobe.took power off 2nd batt .but now we use ipad all the time with sky go its ace .

As above I pad or portable DVD player fixed to back of front headrests :thumb

I use my lap top (powered via inverter plug) bought a £12 blaze dongle via ebay which works great

IPad with an eyetv (freeview digital) dongle and a Vogels RingO mounting system, if you don't want to stand it on the table.

There are tons of mounting systems out there, but I like this one as it provides an easy solution with headrest, stand and wall mount all off the same gizmo. You can mount it to the inside of the wardrobe, as Martin suggests with this too.

I posted some images of it in this thread; http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3182

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi

As above I can second this option, the Eye TV is excellent if you have an IPad, it makes it a compact way to travel with a TV if required :cool

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this, picked me van up just over a week ago, I am quite keen to get a tv (option) and I like the look of the ipad and eye tv, what aerial do you use with that?

Cheers

Snooper1012 said:
Hi all,

I'm pretty new to this, picked me van up just over a week ago, I am quite keen to get a tv (option) and I like the look of the ipad and eye tv, what aerial do you use with that?

Cheers

Hi

The Eye Tv is supplied with two types of aerials, one being a radio type extendable aerial and the other being a small mag mount which can be fitted to a sucktion pad which is also in the box.

Hope this helps.

Duckling68 said:
Snooper1012 said:
Hi all,

Cheers

Hi

The Eye Tv is supplied with two types of aerials, one being a radio type extendable aerial and the other being a small mag mount which can be fitted to a sucktion pad which is also in the box.

Hope this helps.

Thanks it is a big help, do the aerials work ok, I used to have a USB tuner on my laptop but could never get any reception with the supplied "aerial"??

We don't watch a lot of TV, but do watch Movies, iPlayer, Netflix etc etc.....

We use a MacBook/Laptop to drive a Philips PicoPix Pocket Protector..... Works great in the van, and happily runs off the internal batteries, or 12V when they expire (approx. 2hr 30mins viewing from internal battery.)

We have an Elgato EyeTv, which does work well, when there's good signal.... Or, more commonly, we stream from the internet, via our tethered iPhone or our Three MIFI device.... Sometimes, we're even organised enough, and have pre-downlaoed the movies/episodes before we hit the road (this isn't too often tho.....)

We use the PicoPix at home also, works great against the wall there too..... Proper cinema like experience.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 20.45.35.png