Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Temporary seat covers

L

Lott

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi. New to the forum but we have just bought a 2013 T5 California (advertised on this forum!) after 3 years of T4 ownership.
I really don't want to get a set of seat covers as I like the look of the VW fabric but there will be the occasional time when we have been cycling or paddleboarding and waterproof seat covers will be really handy. So I was planning on keeping in the boot a cheap pair of front "van seat" covers and similar for the rear bench seat for this occasional use.
Does anyone have any recommendations for this type of thing? If not I was planning on getting something like these: (I know they look horrible but it is only temporary)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MUTYEJW/?tag=eliteelect-21
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074X65NH8/?tag=eliteelect-21

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi. New to the forum but we have just bought a 2013 T5 California (advertised on this forum!) after 3 years of T4 ownership.
I really don't want to get a set of seat covers as I like the look of the VW fabric but there will be the occasional time when we have been cycling or paddleboarding and waterproof seat covers will be really handy. So I was planning on keeping in the boot a cheap pair of front "van seat" covers and similar for the rear bench seat for this occasional use.
Does anyone have any recommendations for this type of thing? If not I was planning on getting something like these: (I know they look horrible but it is only temporary)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00MUTYEJW/?tag=eliteelect-21
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B074X65NH8/?tag=eliteelect-21

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Make sure the Front seat covers are Air Bag certified. Why not see if you can get the Plastic slip on seat covers Garages use?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8...d=kwd-343835439244&ref=pd_sl_86084ik09v_e_p28

Just invest in decent cover with the exact fabric your Cali came with if you want to keep the original look/colors , this means...
Brandrup covers all the way , you will not see they are covers , they are a perfect fit and can easy be washed .
This all i can garantee you from own experience

Just invest in decent cover with the exact fabric your Cali came with if you want to keep the original look/colors , this means...
Brandrup covers all the way , you will not see they are covers , they are a perfect fit and can easy be washed .
This all i can garantee you from own experience
I do understand your logic, it makes sense. Are the Brandrup covers waterproof though? If not then I will have a problem when sitting on them in wet shorts/wetsuit.

I do understand your logic, it makes sense. Are the Brandrup covers waterproof though? If not then I will have a problem when sitting on them in wet shorts/wetsuit.
No - Not waterproof. They look and fit superbly but not quickly

I took delivery on Saturday of the standard Vw ones. £180 with cali discount and I’ll be using them like you. On and off. They are fully waterproof and are perfect. I highly recommend. Dealers will get them in for you in two days.

I took delivery on Saturday of the standard Vw ones. £180 with cali discount and I’ll be using them like you. On and off. They are fully waterproof and are perfect. I highly recommend. Dealers will get them in for you in two days.
That sounds good. I've looked on VW site but can't find anything. I've googled and found this part number: ZGB 7HE 062 074.
Do you know if they are the ones you have?
I see you have a T6, I assume that T5.1 and T6 seats are the same size?
Sorry for all the questions!

Is Paul pointing you towards the waterproof covers supplied by (and the same as the) INKA’s?
If so, they are hardly ‘slip on’ as the head restraints need removing to fit them even in a temporary manner. It’s only a couple of minutes to fit them loosely, more like 40 to do a neat(ish) job, hiding the tapes etc.

Is Paul pointing you towards the waterproof covers supplied by (and the same as the) INKA’s?
I'm not sure, I don't think that's what I'm looking for. VW ones sound good as they will clearly fit better than universal covers, but I only want them if they can slip on. I'm tempted just to try some from Amazon, they're cheap enough (and are airbag friendly)

I'm not sure, I don't think that's what I'm looking for. VW ones sound good as they will clearly fit better than universal covers, but I only want them if they can slip on. I'm tempted just to try some from Amazon, they're cheap enough (and are airbag friendly)
Aldi have some in at the moment. No doubt Lidl will have them next week.

That sounds good. I've looked on VW site but can't find anything. I've googled and found this part number: ZGB 7HE 062 074.
Do you know if they are the ones you have?
I see you have a T6, I assume that T5.1 and T6 seats are the same size?
Sorry for all the questions!

Hi, the T5 and T6 seat covers are different, the headrests on the T6 are larger.
The part number for mine is ZGB7HE062074 for T6 but I’m sure vw will still stock for T5.
They are genuine Vw and not inka ones. Very easy to fit, took me 15 mins to do front two and rear bench inc headrests and arm rests. @2into1
There is also a chap on eBay who sells genuine ones at a reduced rate. I bought the wrong ones T5 and had to send them back due to headrests covers not fitting as above!! Lesson learnt.

If there was ever any doubt that INKA supply the official VW Commercial ones, in my recent box from Inka, the fronts were unbranded, the rear had a vw commercial logo attached.

Yep, they are the ones made by Inka for Vw. I just bought the INKA set as I (personally) don't like the Ocean logos.
I did consider a posh set of leather like covers like the club sells, but stuck with INKAs at £120.

We are drifting a bit of topic as the OP wants something to throw on after surfing.

Yep, they are the ones made by Inka for Vw. I just bought the INKA set as I (personally) don't like the Ocean logos.
I did consider a posh set of leather like covers like the club sells, but stuck with INKAs at £120.

We are drifting a bit of topic as the OP wants something to throw on after surfing.
I never knew that. I thought inka might have copied Vw!
Anyway, as above I would recommend for quick fit at a reasonable price. :thumb

Thank you both. I think I’ll contact VW to see what they can offer.

Hi, the T5 and T6 seat covers are different, the headrests on the T6 are larger.
The part number for mine is ZGB7HE062074 for T6 but I’m sure vw will still stock for T5.
They are genuine Vw and not inka ones. Very easy to fit, took me 15 mins to do front two and rear bench inc headrests and arm rests. @2into1
There is also a chap on eBay who sells genuine ones at a reduced rate. I bought the wrong ones T5 and had to send them back due to headrests covers not fitting as above!! Lesson learnt.

T5.1 and T6 are the same, its only the earlier T5 that have the smaller headrests. I think a large proportion of ebay buyers have ended up with the wrong size headrest covers & he normally just sends out the correct front ones if you ring him.

T5.1 and T6 are the same, its only the earlier T5 that have the smaller headrests. I think a large proportion of ebay buyers have ended up with the wrong size headrest covers & he normally just sends out the correct front ones if you ring him.
Yup - I'm in that boat too... about to go back to him to confirm what I need. From what I can see though it's only the front headrest that have grown in the later models - not the back ones. Does anyone happen to know what size the headrest is on the extra/spare seats? (I'm in a loan vehicle without one but hoping to have our real one released at some point this year!)

In Aldi today 20180308_142023.jpg 20180308_142007.jpg