Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Tent for storing stuff

Ricotansky

Ricotansky

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi,

We are after a smallish cheap tent to keep things like the pushchair and car seat in when we are on short trips and can't be bothered to put up our awning.

I've looked at the cinch but it's a bit big and expensive for something used just to chuck a few bits in.

What do other people use?

Cheers,

Rico

Hi,

We are after a smallish cheap tent to keep things like the pushchair and car seat in when we are on short trips and can't be bothered to put up our awning.

I've looked at the cinch but it's a bit big and expensive for something used just to chuck a few bits in.

Cheers,

Rico
2 man pop up tent off Amazon. Waterproof, easy up, easy down. Has built in groundsheet.

We used to use a Khyam K9 dog tent for storage when on longer trips as it was quick to put up, took up little storage space and tucked behind Cali when on site.

Pack less stuff.
Or get a small trailer or a roof box.

413C7D33-28F2-484E-AF34-F119F378EFCF.jpeg

We used a decathlon 2 man popup tent for the first couple of years, 2 car seats, balance bike and pram.
Now use the awning with the side panels, not quite as quick but more space.

Hi,

Cheers,

Rico
Decathlon sell the Quechua pop-up range which are quite reasonable

Hi, How much did you pay to have a tow bar fitted?
Tow bar was already there when I bought my California...and I live in Norway so I guess the price here is not representative for where you live?

We got one of these and I really rate it highly:

Very handy when you want to leave a bit of stuff on site and make sure it’s still dry when you return, and of course a great beach shelter too. Here’s ours in action last week with another Cali camping just behind us (another club member). If you are wondering why it’s so far away from the van, we did have the awning set up in between the two that was just packed away when taking this photo. I slid the beach shelter closer to the van before turning in for the night.

6CF69C57-A39E-4914-95B5-B593B2871BAF.jpeg

There’s a few older post kicking around that might say different, but I’m sure a retro fit towbar is the best part of £500
Ours cost just under £500 last autumn. Get one that is VW specific and properly wired in. DIY ones compromise the vehicle electrics, result in warning lights coming on and if your vehicle is within warranty it will be invalid!

We got one of these and I really rate it highly:

Very handy when you want to leave a bit of stuff on site and make sure it’s still dry when you return, and of course a great beach shelter too. Here’s ours in action last week with another Cali camping just behind us (another club member). If you are wondering why it’s so far away from the van, we did have the awning set up in between the two that was just packed away when taking this photo. I slid the beach shelter closer to the van before turning in for the night.

View attachment 64860
Jim
I'm definitely going to pickup on of these. I'm curious about the shade you have on your windscreen too. Which model/brand is it.
Thanks
Julian

Back