Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
What’s your thoughts on this.
Definitely better looking than the latest T6.1
Wellhouse going to produce these

331492FD-A96F-4FBA-ACA8-F32B384F4494.jpeg

What's that roof made of, crushed velvet?
Dodgy photoshop work by the looks of it.....so they've not even made a real one yet.

The exterior gets a massive thumbs up from me.
it’s wether the inside camper interior can match the well designed and functional California system.
I haven’t come across a converted van yet, that matches the practicality of the Cali...

I imagine it will have the same build quality / technique as their Hyundai camper....which slight adjustments for the different size of the van, and probably flashy laminates to suit the sporty styling. The major cupboard spaces will still be filled by water tanks (bottles) and the boot by the deckchairs and picnic table.

The exterior gets a massive thumbs up from me.
it’s wether the inside camper interior can match the well designed and functional California system.
I haven’t come across a converted van yet, that matches the practicality of the Cali...

It'll be identical to their Toyota Proace camper inside I suspect. Just tarted up a bit externally

Are all van front ends going to end up being one large grille? not into this trend.

Love the external look of this.... IMO, not better than a VW just different... and it has to be said that VW have never bought out an overtly 'souped up' version of the Cali, why would they when the whole VeeDub scene is about members of the public doing any mods themselves to their own tastes?

The age old problem for any other base vehicle, is that its taken 60years to build up the VW cult thing, and I can't see any other brand being able to 'move in' on VW's action....

And without that following, any brand, no matter how striking a 'souped up model looked', would undoubtedly suffer from higher (than VW) depreciation & only appeal to a very narrow sector of the public...... not sure what seismic event will ever change that.... maybe electrification if someone does something unforeseen...

I can remember the days when you could stand and watch a Vauxhall rusting to pieces in front of your eyes. They are good cars these days but I still wouldn't want one.

Last edited: