Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The awning wrinkles

S

StevenZhang

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Hi everyone,
D2321A1C-E1E3-44B0-8E20-EE72942DE9EA.jpeg2BF3E10E-7F09-4596-9451-C8FD317EDEAA.jpegThere were several very obvious wrinkles on the top of my side awning. When exposed to the sun last summer, it seemed to become soft. When I put the awning away, the wrinkles appeared, and they have not disappeared until now. There seems to be no way to fix it, right?

Is a long talked about issue, I'd expect allowing it to warm wound out again and gently, under tension, winding back in might help...

Is a long talked about issue, I'd expect allowing it to warm wound out again and gently, under tension, winding back in might help...
We have had pretty much the same over 6 years and 2 different awnings. The marks aren’t permanent even when you get pine needles that get caught in-between when rolling it up. I know it’s difficult when you have to roll it up in the blistering sun and the material is very soft. You need to persist and you will find a way, probably best first thing in the morning when it’s cooler and no sun directly on it.

Not just awnings, we have some wrinkles/creases in our drivers side windscreen blind. Exposed it to the blazing sun today hoping it will ‘relax’ the material a bit.