Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The best addition to your California?

Very nice, but perhaps a little over engineered?

Why not one of these?

View attachment 66172

View attachment 66173
Love it when you haven’t got something, that you can just knock one up. I have no woodworking skills or many tools, but luckily do have a plastic step that the grandkids use to wash their hands. Like the custom made one though, unique and special.

We have one on order and are waiting with bated breath desp hoping it will be as good as the reviews we keep reading. Hoping to leave the downstairs topper which came with the Cali at home and just use the SIM as I imagine it is still quite a size when deflated and rolled.
Yes deflating the Sea to Summit is a bit of a mission BUT I have reverse engineered an electric pump so it sucks ! Inststalled the mattress upstairs and suck it flat(ish) for lowering the roof. Works a treat .
BTW I have removed the original top mattress so there's lots of space now ... may leave my bedding up there too.

Less is more is a nice idea and great if you can do it, but not one size fits all. Individuals have different needs be it children / dogs whatever so less is more is not practical for everyone, especially two 5 year olds :)
I take loads, but then it’s less than I used to. The trick is for everything you take to be useful, so, as you say, one person‘s more is someone else’s less and vice versa. I used to be a more is more kinda gal, but now try the less is more approach. I’m slowly getting the hang of it. But I’ll probably always take more than someone else’s less. o_O

Last edited:
Back