Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The coffee thread

I want to say: 100 bucks for a mere cofee grinder? :eek: But then I looked at VW's bill for my yearly maintenance/service that they just handed me and 100 bucks feels like 2 cts all of a sudden.

btw, anyone else waiting forever on the Oomph 2.0 coffee maker?

grinding my own coffee was probably the biggest step up in quality
Well, no. But if as above its *so* much better, it could be another ritual in the van away from the screen that improves the peaceful day... perhaps?

Big step up in quality over pre-ground. Definitely worth the extra piece of "stuff" in the van. I actually have one in the van and one at home..... Also the aergrind fits inside the aeropress aparrently (I've the feldgrind because aergrind wasn't available then).

I have a Hario grinder that lives in the Cali now. It doesn't fit inside the Aeropress but is a lot cheaper

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

I want to say: 100 bucks for a mere cofee grinder? :eek: But then I looked at VW's bill for my yearly maintenance/service that they just handed me and 100 bucks feels like 2 cts all of a sudden.

btw, anyone else waiting forever on the Oomph 2.0 coffee maker?
100 bucks is a snip for a grinder - I’m about to plunge for the kinu m47 classic at £350

Anyone have any experience of this hand grinder? Singletrack Magazine were selling it in their shop, and they stated it could be stored in the Aeropress.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01AAE8SP4/?tag=eliteelect-21
I have a similar one, different brand: Fitting inside the Aeropress is a big plus for cycle/motorbike camping but smaller burrs mean a lot more cranking the handle! Also, ceramic burrs are great for very fine grinds, but if you want to make the occasional french press or whatever, a steel set is more versatile.

In the van, I use this - it's been excellent. Picked up for 40eur but it's gone up a bit.

Back