Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The Countdown begins...

T

Ta51tac

Guest User
Hi all, been great reading up on all things Cali. So much experience and views on the forums, it has been really useful. We are now waiting for our Cali Ocean to be delivered on 20 Sep-ish. 150 DSG indium grey with glacier blue bellows, ACC plus a few other extras we decided we ‘needed’! Only thing to buy before our first trip is a spare wheel lock, and limo tint fitted as a priority, everything else can wait... looking forward to trial and error but most of all the freedom and adventures. Pictures to follow obviously!!

Our Cali arrives tomorrow. Too excited for words. The spare room has a pile of stuff to load and it is booked in for window tint on Saturday as it has standard glass at the moment. Fingers crossed that goes ok. We have a windscreen company meeting us at the tinters to remove the wardrobe window so we get an even tint. Really looking forward to our first night on Saturday. Just popping down the road to North Norfolk for the night.

Did I mention we were excited??

:welcome The excitement will last some time, get your phone out and post some piccy of your maiden voyage.
Enjoy :pinkbanana

With a hectic day trying to ignore work and focus on the Cali arriving, we forgot to take photos! We camped out last night, arriving in the dark and up early to get the window tinting done. I did manage to capture our first cuppa! Proper photos later as we are going to Great Bircham for the night tonight before work takes over again! Btw we had a great nights sleep and found the first few miles on the road a great experience.

C3EB7196-25CA-4B73-960A-1A24BDA30FFC.jpeg

Welcome and don’t forget the pictures (Or to switch the circuit breaker on in rear cupboard in boot)
:welcome

Welcome and don’t forget the pictures (Or to switch the circuit breaker on in rear cupboard in boot)
:welcome

Thanks. We have worked out a lot from the forum and YouTube etc but we need to read up the fridge operation as we spent too much time last night trying to get the fridge light to stay lit on the dash. We now think it goes out when it gets to temperature?

Hey, I hope you're enjoying your new Cali. We are on the verge of buying one it will be Pearl Black and doesn't have factory privacy glass.

The dealer says they will have it done aftermarket in the price, but I'm not sure how to get the best finish with the wardrobe and double glazing seeming to make it difficult....
We were thinking a 20% tint as we don't want it too dark, just enough to add a little privacy and security.

I'd be really interested to hear how you've got on with yours and what you did to get the best finish, pictures would be great too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hey, I hope you're enjoying your new Cali. We are on the verge of buying one it will be Pearl Black and doesn't have factory privacy glass.

The dealer says they will have it done aftermarket in the price, but I'm not sure how to get the best finish with the wardrobe and double glazing seeming to make it difficult....
We were thinking a 20% tint as we don't want it too dark, just enough to add a little privacy and security.

I'd be really interested to hear how you've got on with yours and what you did to get the best finish, pictures would be great too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
BB5A2A35-C733-4988-8991-CA1033276953.jpegSo we had the bottom tint on the mid range column fitted (cheapest left to right). It is not the darkest effect but didn’t want to go for the cheapest as the guarantee wasn’t long. The tint we had fitted has a seven year guarantee. The wardrobe glass is double glazed (and expensive to replace if damaged) and when we collected the Cali we immediately decided not to have the window removed. There is a small portion of the window where the blind pulls out that isn’t black. We had that small portion tinted instead. Honestly, the tint is not the same shade as behind the wardrobe. When I have the passenger/driver windows treated with heat reducing film I will ask them to try and get a better match on the wardrobe window. I will post photos later so you can see what I mean. Anyway the tint is so much better than without. For me, I am just so happy with the Cali, a bit of tint is minor now right now.:upsidedown

Thanks. We have worked out a lot from the forum and YouTube etc but we need to read up the fridge operation as we spent too much time last night trying to get the fridge light to stay lit on the dash. We now think it goes out when it gets to temperature?
Fridge’s do take a bit of getting used to.
Don’t block the sensor on the rhs
They work better filled than empty
You can get a bit of water/condensation in the bottom.
We usually leave ours on 3 in summer and the snowflake light stays permanently on - but we have stayed mainly on campsites.
On forum I’ve read -if batteries are low then fridge won’t stay on when not on hook up.
Hope that helps :thumb

Disappointingly the fridge is broken. Going to Peterborough vw van centre today for a fix. Fingers crossed it’s not a long job. Going to ask them to look into a noise that happens every two/three minutes above the fridge. Sounds like a motor tightening or something!

Disappointingly the fridge is broken. Going to Peterborough vw van centre today for a fix. Fingers crossed it’s not a long job. Going to ask them to look into a noise that happens every two/three minutes above the fridge. Sounds like a motor tightening or something!
Hope it gets sorted soon and isn’t too expensive :thumb :thumb