Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The dealer said....

Farley

Farley

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
.... that I had no spare wheel but a can of “jollup” and a pump. Looked under today and guess what.... a spare! Bargain!
Farl

He also said I had a removable tow hook!
It is fixed...
Farl

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know you can trust the dealer salesman...

Alan

You usually get the tyre weld stuff if you have 18" wheels, so if you do just be aware it will be a different size so should be used with a caution :)

I have a can of jolly and a compressor but more importantly I have the phone number for VW assist :shocked

Used them already, blowout on the M4, manage to get to the services and call VW assist.
The AA man who attended did all the necessary. Checked tyre for repair (not repairable ) so took the wheel away for for replacement brought it back and hey presto back on the road with 2.5 hours so no needs to get hand dirty.

Last edited:
I have cover with VW assist so all is good! 17 inch alloys so i’ll check the spare thanks.
Farl

I have cover with VW assist so all is good! 17 inch alloys so i’ll check the spare thanks.
Farl
You will have a 17" Steel spare wheel. Unless it's been nicked already.

If you have 17" you will have a spare, I have the same :)

Not any more.

VW now only supply the stuff and puff, or did with mine.

Probably their supply of spares dried up when their supplier, Nick Weals of Legoland, went to the slammer :shocked

I have found VW assist to be excellent on the one occasion that I have used them.

Be sure to get a thief-proof locking nut on your spare wheel or it’ll be nicked v quickly

A mate of mine loves the stuff to repair punctures. Once used It is nearly impossible to repair a puncture. My mate owns a couple of tyre fitting workshops hence the reason of the love of this stuff. When I spoke to him about using it he said only use it if you want to purchase a new tyre.

Sadly regarding info from the dealers they don't seem to know much about the products. When collect my van I wanted to check we had the jack and locking wheel nut key. He told me it was under the front seat but could not lift it up. We found the jack in the rear off side pocket of the van.
To me they are a commercial dealer who sell California and Caravelle as a sideline.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your mate is referring to a slime kit ....to spray in trough the ventil?
Or a propper repair kit to pull a cord in ...?

Is yours a SE-Beach-Ocean-Coast (fill in your details)? The jack is not in any of these under the front seat as far as i know

VW now only supply the stuff and puff, or did with mine.
It's a £0 option, delete spare and replace with stuff 'npuff. Or it was when I checked the configuration when I was considering whether to order a van and wait forever, or get the one in the showroom (sans spare :()!

When I got mine it had 18" wheels and the 'stuff & puff' kit. I asked for a spare & the dealer found me one, but there wasn't a cradle to fit it in either, luckily they supplied that too. The spare is a 17" as 18" doesn't fit in the cradle.
The shop now sells the cradle if your Cali doesn't have one. Don't forget to buy a spare safe at the same time.

Last edited:
What size spare have you got Simon? I believe 18" won't fit in the cradle?

What size spare have you got Simon? I believe 18" won't fit in the cradle?

Thanks Colin, I'd just edited the previous post. I changed all my wheels to 17" so the spare is the same size, but I was assured that for a short distance at low speeds a 17" spare would be OK.
Certainly better than waiting at a roadside when the sticky stuff won't repair a split sidewall as happened to a neighbour of mine yesterday. He now has to buy a new tyre at AA prices.

Hi Hotel California
My mate was referring to the slim that you put in the tyre after you have a puncture.
He tells me that when he comes to do a repair he cannot get the patch to bond successfully.
Nearly all of the slim stuff I have seen all states that you can repair a puncture after using this stuff. Has anyone been success in getting a repair done.
I have a Caravelle do the jack and tool kit are in the rear side pocket in the boot. Sorry for the confusion.

Funny how a water based product can repair a puncture , what if it starts raining ?
I also thought slime kits would ruin the tyre but guess those repair kits are beeing updated and new/better products come up .
Personal i do not want any car without a spare and prefering a real spare not a get-home one....
But in years to come less spare wheels will be on a verhicle and the fact tyres have better quality.
Need to think hard remembering my last time changing a flat tyre ....just knocked on wood!

I share you view regarding spare wheels. I would always prefer a vehicle with a full size spare. my wife's Beetle Cabriolet comes with a full size spare even thought it only just fits into the Boot. My Audi A6 Estate with a massive Boot only had a space saver type spare.