Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The dream is almost a reality..................almost!

Nate73

Nate73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Good morning all,

A quick intro from me. I'm Nathan from West Yorkshire and after hiring vans/motorhomes for many years I've finally decided to sell my mid life crisis thirsty sports car and get what I actually want.......a California. My order is in and now the long wait. My wife doesn't believe I can go 12 months without some form of transportation but here we go. Good things come to those who wait, so wish me luck.

Nathan

Welcome Nathan! Many questions... Which sports car? Which California?! Photos if possible ! :thumb

Welcome Nathan! Many questions... Which sports car? Which California?! Photos if possible ! :thumb
View attachment 2DE0B0B9-02BE-42BC-8567-7499F027F72A.jpeg

So this BMW M850i has now gone along with its drinking habit.

California wise, I've gone for a 204 Ocean in Candy White with the sports pack and a few other options. I could justify £3k for two-tone paint and wanted to go for something different. I'll aim to get the bottom half wrapped when it arrives.

Welcome and good luck. We ordered in June and expect to get it May 22.

Didnt sell the current car yet though….!
We can get through the wait together ;)

The used car market is mad at the moment and that's the only reason I sold mine. Oh and the fact I'm still working from home so don't really need a daily at present. My son's 1ltr Seat Mii is more that adequate.

View attachment 82890

So this BMW M850i has now gone along with its drinking habit.

California wise, I've gone for a 204 Ocean in Candy White with the sports pack and a few other options. I could justify £3k for two-tone paint and wanted to go for something different. I'll aim to get the bottom half wrapped when it arrives.
Now we're talking!

I started the year looking for a full sports car (Porsche 911 996), then moved closer to a grand tourer (Jaguar XKR), then came to the conclusion that the real sports car, the ultimate grand tourer, the memory maker... is the California!

I thought I would be the only one going from sports car to a California.
My V8 F-type should hopefully be sold this weekend ...... just had my order confirmed for a Coast this morning from Eurovans via DtD.
I'll be without a car for a year or so (drive a van and wife has a car) but second hand car prices are through the roof at the moment, so would be mad not to sell now.

Now we're talking!

I started the year looking for a full sports car (Porsche 911 996), then moved closer to a grand tourer (Jaguar XKR), then came to the conclusion that the real sports car, the ultimate grand tourer, the memory maker... is the California!
I'm glad I had another V8 for 12 months just to satisfy the music out of the exhaust and the random conversations at petrol pumps. Saying that, I'm now done with sports cars. Long live the California.

My V8 F-type should hopefully be sold this weekend ...... just had my order confirmed for a Coast this morning from Eurovans via DtD.
I'll be without a car for a year or so (drive a van and wife has a car) but second hand car prices are through the roof at the moment, so would be mad not to sell now.
I had my confirmation from Eurovans via DtD this week as well. They must have 100's of orders flowing through.

The used car market it really nuts. Not only did I sell my car but I sold my wife's car last week and my best buddy just sold his Audi S5 to the same buyer. I should be on commission.

My wife is waiting for a VW ID3 to land in the UK this month so at least I can borrow that over the next 12 months.

I have offered a friend of mine (full petrolhead owner of various top end sports cars) to be his "Porsche support vehicle", we'll have some roadtrips together, what a team!

Plus I'm thinking if they want to borrow the Cali, well naturally it's only right he leaves me something in its place :cool:

I'm glad I had another V8 for 12 months just to satisfy the music out of the exhaust and the random conversations at petrol pumps. Saying that, I'm now done with sports cars. Long live the California.
I have to put my fingers in my ears when a nice V8 approaches, don't let the devil in, stick to the plan!

I have to put my fingers in my ears when a nice V8 approaches, don't let the devil in, stick to the plan!
I know what you mean. I've stopped looking when I hear the rumble of a V8 in the background.

The new V8's all have turbos and don't sound as good at the old NA one's. My old RS4 sounded much better if not a quick as the newer ones.

I have offered a friend of mine (full petrolhead owner of various top end sports cars) to be his "Porsche support vehicle", we'll have some roadtrips together, what a team!

Plus I'm thinking if they want to borrow the Cali, well naturally it's only right he leaves me something in its place :cool:
Sounds like a great pairing to me. Did you spec a tow bar on the California? Maybe you could taken both on a European tour without your friend.:thumb

Sounds like a great pairing to me. Did you spec a tow bar on the California? Maybe you could taken both on a European tour without your friend.:thumb
Towbar added, but I wouldn't dare tow anything more than an IKEA sofa!

Welcome, love the 850i
how long before you tweek the suspension and change the wheels and tyres.

bet you have already looked.

More money.

Welcome, love the 850i
how long before you tweek the suspension and change the wheels and tyres.

bet you have already looked.

More money.
Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm looking at drive away awnings and solar panels. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping the expensive sports pack will hold off the desire for new wheels but I'm sure there will be modifications at some point. I need to read through the forums and see what everyone else has done. Anyone upgraded to an air suspension?

Maybe I'm just getting old but I'm looking at drive away awnings and solar panels. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping the expensive sports pack will hold off the desire for new wheels but I'm sure there will be modifications at some point. I need to read through the forums and see what everyone else has done. Anyone upgraded to an air suspension?
Just realised, the VW T2 had an air-cooled rear mounted boxer engine, shared with the beetle, which was the basis for the 911...

The current California's 2nd cousin is the 911 ! :cool:

Good morning all,

A quick intro from me. I'm Nathan from West Yorkshire and after hiring vans/motorhomes for many years I've finally decided to sell my mid life crisis thirsty sports car and get what I actually want.......a California. My order is in and now the long wait. My wife doesn't believe I can go 12 months without some form of transportation but here we go. Good things come to those who wait, so wish me luck.

Nathan
Well done, brave and admirable move to sell so early. Uber, bicycle and public transport in the meantime?
RS4's are delightful but don't have a bed or a fridge.
Towbar will be ideal for bikes (can access the tailgate).

Just realised, the VW T2 had an air-cooled rear mounted boxer engine, shared with the beetle, which was the basis for the 911...

The current California's 2nd cousin is the 911 ! :cool:
That’s what I’ll tell all my mates when they ask ;)

Well done, brave and admirable move to sell so early. Uber, bicycle and public transport in the meantime?
RS4's are delightful but don't have a bed or a fridge.
Towbar will be ideal for bikes (can access the tailgate).
Market dictated my choice and timing was perfect. I can live on borrowed lifts and a pair of trainers :thumb

I‘ve not added the tow bar……………yet. I think I have a few months to change my mind.

Market dictated my choice and timing was perfect. I can live on borrowed lifts and a pair of trainers :thumb

I‘ve not added the tow bar……………yet. I think I have a few months to change my mind.
Until you have a provisional build week

Think I may add a few more things after reading the forum. You must be really close to getting yours?
Yeah after a long wait with 10 provisional build weeks, the 11th turned into a confirmed week 34 build week. Week after next! All being well, deliver 7 weeksish later. Just booked it in for a ceramic coat and PPF front end at Azuri, and for the seat covers to be fitted at Individual Auto Design. The dream is almost a reality....!

Back