Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The ghost in the machine

David Eccles

David Eccles

VIP Member
This morning whilst de-icing the Beetle (twas minus 5 here brrrr) I noticed both cab windows were half way down! (and was a beggar to sort as were frozen in place!)
Yesterday I did pop into the Cali to retrieve something from the kitchen - unlocked with fob, opened sliding door, got the item, shut door and locked it. Did not notice windows were open but unlikely to have been and definitely were closed on Monday as I admired the frost all over the bus!
Spooky! or is there some hidden function on the fob I hit by mistake?

If you unlock and hold the key the front windows open until released. If you have tight pockets or other keys people have had they opened accidentally. On newer models anyway suppose it's the same with a 2011.

... Message ends...

Press and hold lock button and the windows go up (if open).
Press and hold un lock button and the windows go down.
If you had your remote in your pocket in the house and sat down pressing the unlock button the windows will open.
Be careful!

Guess I should have read the thread things you did not know your Cali did!!!! Thanks for clearing up the mystery:cheers

I've had the same problem, solved by never putting my keys in my jeans :)
I removed all my keys and only have the fob and a small karabina

Fashion at the moment seems you can almost read credit card numbers through the material ;)

David, if this feature troubles you it can be disabled with VCDS or by a dealer etc. I always have mine disabled to prevent getting wet seats!

If you are traveling my way and want it disabling give me a call as I have VCDS.

Rod

now I know its there I can watch out for doing it by mistake..never happened in past 3 years so I was prob half asleep when I unlocked...good to know it can be disabled if it becomes an issue though...