Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The new T6 Grand California ( XXL )

Will suit those looking for extended touring and I like it. Better than a coachbuilt by far.

Due to debut at Dusseldorf caravan salon...
judging from posts on here re Cali being too small those wanting bathrooms etc and the amount of big white motorhomes we saw in Scotland this summer there is definitely a market
not my taste though...

Looks like a crafter crashed into a boat.
Tragic...!!!

Let's have some fun here.
Price estimates.

I'm going ÂŁ72k...???

Ugly :(

not for me but doubtless the MH fraternity will like it....

I quite like it. It wouldn't be one for me though. But as an alternative to some of the Ducato conversions it might have a market.

It will have to compete for space with all the other great whites. Just one more vehicle unable to get under a height barrier or live comfortably in one parking space.

I think it's a really interesting idea. The Beach suits me right now...but have to admit I've already got an eye on the Club Joker as a possible alternative to an Ocean in a few years. I'd welcome a bigger VW built option and all for the California range expanding (literally in this case).

This doesn't strike me as another big white as GJ puts it but take the point about the downsides with the size.

I think it's a really interesting idea. The Beach suits me right now...but have to admit I've already got an eye on the Club Joker as a possible alternative to an Ocean in a few years. I'd welcome a bigger VW built option and all for the California range expanding (literally in this case).

This doesn't strike me as another big white as GJ puts it but take the point about the downsides with the size.

I agree, a poor choice of words on my part.

as an integrated factory built camper it is not a great white and will bear comparison to other great whites as the Cali now bears comparison to VW based T5/6 conversions. In that scenario it is a highly interesting vehicle. My comparison to great white purely referred to the size issues which are boundaries for me.

I knew what you meant Granny Jen :) and given your experience the other day I imagine you've rightly got it in for the great whites!

Notice we've got two threads on the Cali XXL, so can the mods merge them?

First I had seen of this but quite intrigued. I've pondered if we might scale up to a larger vehicle at some point even if not soon. I'd assumed that would be a Fiat-based 'panel van' camper like a Westy Columbus, but a super-Cali might be a very interesting alternative.

The interior sketch on the website is a bit baffling but I guess the big yellow surface is the bed base...?

Also I love the way they've put a 'beamer' (projector in German) in the back so presumably you can watch movies in bed!

Def looks like a vw craft as base vehicle, and also looks like it has a fixed bed which I would fined a waste of space.

That is definitely the new Crafter so this will be a beast in size, if this ever is produced (which is unlikely) I can't see it appealing to the compact campervan market.

That is definitely the new Crafter so this will be a beast in size, if this ever is produced (which is unlikely) I can't see it appealing to the compact campervan market.

I don't imagine they'd intend it to compete with T6 and MB Marco Polo. It will presumable compete in the 6-metre class, with all the Fiat-based panel van variants etc.

Back