Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

The wait has started!

Smiffy4bikes

Smiffy4bikes

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Well, thats it, order placed...:bananadance

A mixture of massive excitement and terror! I can't believe I've just bought a vehicle that cost twice as much as my first house....

Having spent weeks pouring over this excellent, funny and informative, friendly forum, the new camper is ordered, eek!

In the end the deal for new vs nearly new was too good to miss, especially as this will be a ten year plus purchase. As a family we've had a few air-cooled campers in the past, splits and bays, and even a T4 Westy California which was great, but the T6 Ocean is a whole new ball game...

So, T6 Ocean, 204 DSG, in Acapulco Blue, hopefully build week 30 (That will be a VERY long wait!!) I was very keen on the Blackberry but the kids were having none of it... A few extras including removable towbar, adaptive cruise, heated screen, privacy glass, uprated suspension, parking sensors etc.

A massive Thank You to Chris Figg at SMG Tonbridge, excellent service, really knows his stuff, and put up with my endless questions with endless patience :thumb Thank you.

For me we are buying into a lifestyle, one that will live with all of us, especially the kids, with memories that last a lifetime. The kids have had camper vans in their lives since they were born, and who knows, they may well inherit this one in twenty years time!

Here's to the new chapter :)

Carole

Congratulations Carole on your purchase
It may seem a long wait,but it will be worth it when your dream is realized
By the way without giving to much away my Cali purchase was 6 times more than l paid for the house :Nailbiting
Welcome to the club

Alan

Hi Carole, great stuff nice to have a new van to look forward too. Build week 30 is a bit optimistic for a recent order. I ordered mine in February and have a provisional build week 31. You never know though, they may get their act together. Good luck.

Do VW do what Volvo do and close down producution for two weeks in the summer?

Do VW do what Volvo do and close down producution for two weeks in the summer?

It is for two weeks at the end of July, that is why we start to see delays around this time due to the backlog it causes.

Welcome , guess the long wait can be filled with reading here and start collecting some bits and things ....

Thanks everyone....:happy

'It comes to those who wait' as my dear old Mum used to say, except that I HATE waiting!!

But I've told myself that I can use the time to finish all those DIY jobs indoors and out, because once the van arrives, we won't want to be at home, thats for sure!

I was told by the dealer that brand new orders for Cali's are on hold as delivery currently could be as late as next year, blimey! We were lucky in that we secured the last build slot.

Anyway, I'm already busy looking at mats, storage boxes, seat covers, not to mention a trip to ikea for some new kitchen stuff, it could be an expensive Summer!!

I have ordered the same vehicle in the same colour from the same dealer. Small world ;) Ordered 5th March, currently build week 26 (last week of June). The shock of the price is not wearing off.

Congratulations Carole and X4...

Welcome to the forum, the lifestyle and the great adventures you can all look forward to.

A cali might cost a few bob, you can speculate on how much, but the memories it will buy you will be priceless.

Congrats on your purchase. Regular visits to the forum will help to pass the time. You'll find advice and suggestions on everything here.

Thank you DM and GrannyJen, I am loving this forum for all the information and I love the friendly vibe too :)

Having paid my deposit I didn't wake up the next morning with that awful "uh-oh, what have I done....' feeling, so I know I've done the right thing, in fact I was grinning like an idiot!! My kids can remember days out in our old splitty when they were 3yrs old, so now they're older those memories will be better and better...happy days, let the adventures begin!! :happy