Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

They all do that sir!

H

Harrythecat

VIP Member
Just had the Cali serviced for the first time. All good apart from the fact that the drivers window has an annoying rattle when the window is open.

Servicing dealer says they can only replicate it when the window is only partly open and it's just what they do. It actually rattles whether fully open or partly open and I can't remember having a pronounced window rattle on a vehicle since the 70's (yes I go back that far).

Does anyone else have similar problems and if so have they been addressed successfully :?:

We have had a few do this and it has been the awning. Open it slightly and then close it properly and tightly. The windows do not rattle.

cheers

I had the same problem.

I took it to the dealer, and they blamed my fire extinguisher in the door pocket (like I hadn't tried moving that!)

I think you will find that Mr SMG is correct - I do my awning up normally - then unravel it about an inch - then do it up again tight - that works for me - it only rattles now on really uneven roads :D

Don't overtighten though as you might damage the cogs as Andy on here will confirm :sad

T

I had a rattle bringing my mother in law home once,

So I stopped and asked her to stick her teeth in properly :eek:

teeboy said:
I had the same problem.

I took it to the dealer, and they blamed my fire extinguisher in the door pocket (like I hadn't tried moving that!)

I think you will find that Mr SMG is correct - I do my awning up normally - then unravel it about an inch - then do it up again tight - that works for me - it only rattles now on really uneven roads :D

Don't overtighten though as you might damage the cogs as Andy on here will confirm :sad

T
Yes very easy to strip gearbox gear teath = £70 for new gearbox.

GrannyJen said:
I had a rattle bringing my mother in law home once,

So I stopped and asked her to stick her teeth in properly :eek:

Les Dawson rides again :lol:

Roof Rattle not Awning

The awning rattle has been driving me nuts. Tried everything that anyone ever mentioned in the blogs. Eventually had the garage remove the awning so as to shake it and trace the noise. No noise! Eventually traced it to the roof. Clue – no noise when driving with the roof up. (This used to be blocked by the system but apparently now possible.) The rattle was caused by the 'lazy tongs' rear RHS of the roof lifting mechanism. Tell tale rust stains on the struts were caused by the plating being worn off where they knocked together. Fault not exactly analysed but well solved by a little bit of packing.

Thanks Jen. You have resolved my rattle problem. Will just leave the wife at home in the future.!!! :oops:

Back