Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

They forgot to shower...

Maeve

Maeve

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hi everyone, I received a call from my dealer today, my Ocean has arrived and should be ready for pickup this weekend yayyyyy. Just one slight issue...they forgot to install the shower which I was really looking forward to for muddy paws and boots. The dealer has said that VW Germany recognizes that they screwed up on the order and they are looking to have the dealer install it. Has anyone had this happen and for the more experienced folks is there anything else I should be looking out for. My first thought was if they forgot that what else may be an issue although my dealer is saying they have done a top down inspection and everything else appears to be in order...I have the checklist from the VIP section that I plan to bring with me for handover and the dealer was very professional telling me to expect a better part of the day Saturday for handover because they wanted to make sure we went over everything. He also made me smile when he told me it was being lusted over by everyone that has seen it so far.

Was the shower hose not standard from MY18 on ?

Anyway , if it's not there ask a discount or a voucher and don't bother putting it in afterwarts.
Most who have it , don't use it
Those who use it say it's useless with low pressure.
Get a showerhose for the kitchentap if you want one , cheaper .

Anyway , if it's not there ask a discount or a voucher and don't bother putting it in afterwarts.
No. An option like most things haha

The way he was explaining it seemed as though they had not installed the outlet for it in the rear wardrobe panel.

I wouldn’t want the dealer messing with the furniture. Ask for some other compensation (eg accessories).

Use it whilst they build you a new one and then swap it when your new one arrives.

Not a big deal to fit. Folk on here have retrofitted it so dealer should be able to do it.
If that is the only thing wrong / missing you will not get a new van built for you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Use it whilst they build you a new one and then swap it when your new one arrives.
Agree - it's not what you ordered. There's plenty of examples of dealers having to give you a van until what you ordered turns up. In our case we had use of a van for a few months until they finally built what we ordered.

Be hard nosed about it.

Although I reckon Hotel is right, the shower option sounds like something you'd end up probably never using.

Iirc didn’t the shower option also mean taking the comfort lighting option?

Will this be fitted as well?

For a balanced opinion on the shower itself, we have it and use it all the time for rinsing down after sea swimming, the cold water doesn’t bother us as we have just been in the sea anyway, we then rinse the wetsuits off, it works really well.

Don't mind people telling you to not bother get it fitted it will be used and don't be putting a stupid home on the kitchen sink

I asked Breeze in Southampton if they could retro fit one to my Cali. I was told it’s not possible, I did buy the kitchen sink one but it’s just a pain.
Rear shower is definitely handy for a muddy dog hose down.

If they do retro fit let me know and which dealer done it.

We bought a 12v power shower which is brilliant. Plugs into any of the 12vsockets and we have a pop up loo/shower tent. Stand in a bucket, have a bucket of hot water and off you go, cold water for hosing off bikes/boots etc. Can’t go without a shower

@PudnBob , i'm not saying carring a showerhose is useless , i got a USB-chargeble shower/pump witch you can trow in a bucket or wathever...
Have not used it much , just a test run , but can come handy .
Just the OP saying they missed out on the option to me i would not worry.

@PudnBob , i'm not saying carring a showerhose is useless , i got a USB-chargeble shower/pump witch you can trow in a bucket or wathever...
Have not used it much , just a test run , but can come handy .
Just the OP saying they missed out on the option to me i would not worry.
I agree, I probably didn’t word my reply very well!

We bought a 12v power shower which is brilliant. Plugs into any of the 12vsockets and we have a pop up loo/shower tent. Stand in a bucket, have a bucket of hot water and off you go, cold water for hosing off bikes/boots etc. Can’t go without a shower

Buy a inflatable child's paddling pool instead of standing in a bucket, plus it takes up less room when deflated.

D02461EC-584F-4F02-B341-25488A1A521B.jpeg
Buy a inflatable child's paddling pool instead of standing in a bucket, plus it takes up less room when deflated.
We tend to use a small kaboodle bag which is squidgy and has the cycling kit in it during transit

To help the OP if it isnt already resolved. I am going to retrofit to my new cali when it arrives , I took the liberty of viewing a showroom vehicle and it isnt hard if your a competent car man. I managed to buy the whole lot absolutely identical to the VW stuff from a company in spain. Total cost for parts will be £85 delivered plus £15 for the foam holder thing but I dont want that myself. So £85 and my time.
I would get a credit for the option price and get a decent outfit to fit it.