Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Things you didn't know your van did

calikev

calikev

Administrator
Admin/Founder
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
The Last meet I went to somebody pointed out to me that when I turn the steering wheel with the lights on
The little driving lights at the bottom of the spoiler light up depending on what way you turn.
This got me thinking is there anything else it does that is not common knowledge :?:

If you brake HARD and long the brake lights flash
E252.png

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

That's a relief that it's deliberate by design! I noticed this in a reflection in a shop window at 6am this morning and thought I had blown a bulb after only 3 days! Spent 10 mins checking lights tonight and was flummoxed as all was ok!

If activated you can close the windows from outside the van with the remote key fob!

I thought that was standard. Just keep lock button held down & window will go up.

On 'Facelift' evidently it can be set on or off by VW dealer!

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
When reversing it automatically puts recycle on, so you don't get fumes in the cab.
.....and when you use the screen washers so you don't get the whiff
E105.png

This has been mentioned before in another topic ... sunglass storage holder in the roof central control panel.

Have you seen that scene in Transformers where the yellow car turns into a massive robot?

Well. if I play the DVD on my laptop, I can watch it in my van! :D

when you put your washers on the pads just touch the disc to take ant water off of them .your doors should all lock when you do 5mph .if not get vag com to do it .all ways make sure your heated mirrors button is not left on the heater setting when not in use .as this will burn your heater on the glass out .you can put your key in drivers side door lock turn it and all windows will go up.

until handover today i didnt realise that
the diesel heater shuts down when fuel level is below 17 litres
water tap doesnt work if waste tank full
simple but cali brilliant !

Hmm

Think who told you those things is wrong.

My heater works when I am in the reserve ( red ) & the tap continues to work and the water going down the sink dumps on the ground via the overflow......l

I'd got no idea we had a portable tree house/bird hide! Love the roof bed- bit bonkers being woken by the heat of the sun in March though :barmy

How was the first night Steve & Linda? Was it a night on the drive or did you go somewhere?

Seeing over hedges. :barmy

Its brought a whole new view of the world, and is also such a chilled out ride :cool: .

Some people complain that the rear table rattles, my new van also rattled alarmingly, to realised there is a 50 mm plunger that sticks out underneath the table,its parallel to the underside, which slides in to a adjacent hole in the side of the Cabinet.
If this is not in place, and is inadvertently put in the wrong position, the table rattles incredibly causing much irritation... I don't know if other people have realised this, as the rattling wasn't there all the time. To I realised what was happening.

stephen said:
Some people complain that the rear table rattles, my new van also rattled alarmingly, to realised there is a 50 mm plunger that sticks out underneath the table,its parallel to the underside, which slides in to a adjacent hole in the side of the Cabinet.
If this is not in place, and is inadvertently put in the wrong position, the table rattles incredibly causing much irritation... I don't know if other people have realised this, as the rattling wasn't there all the time. To I realised what was happening.

On my handover, I was advised to push the table in at seat cushion level when sliding the table back into its stowage position so that this catch catches - have followed this advise and not noticed any rattle.

They never said that to me,in fact I don't even think they even knew that  the table has to be located, because it was rattling  back from the dealers, when I went to pick the vehicle up initially, in my case,
It has to be pushed back to the cupboard side, not the cushion side, otherwise it doesn't locate in the hole in the black plastic protrusion, on the side of the cupboard. And can induce a rattle if it's not located properly....
The catch will engage which ever side the table is on, that's  the trouble!

Reactions: Jez
Back