Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thinking of selling….(not a valuation thread)

G

GJO

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Had my 2019 204, dsg since new in 2019.
The idea was we would use it to tour Europe…..then COVID kicked in.

We bought all the gear including massive galli 3….
We’ve been to cotswolds….York…..west coast of Scotland but it’s basically been a weekend van…..actually it’s my daily. Not used it with family since August and with foreign travel a potential this year…..I won’t be driving to the Maldives in the van!!:)

I just worry about giving it up and missing it.
Don’t actually think I’m cut out for camping…

Anyone feel similar?
C9A11E93-016A-43DA-852F-32BB1222F7F7.jpeg

D00E5BE8-5F8E-4548-B587-3EBBB4697167.jpeg

If you are not using it as a camper then sell it, they are in short supply at the moment so you would achieve a good price. You could just rent one if you are only using a few times a year.

Yes and No!

This time of year when its dark & because of other commitments we don't get the opportunity to camp, I think of selling it at least once a day.

By the end of February when the evenings are lighter & hopefully the weather has improved a bit I wouldn't part with it for the world.

Mid summer you would have to kill me before your getting my keys.

Autumn, can remember all the good times we had earlier in the year, no chance I'm selling.

This year has actually been the worst, I've not even used the van for work in the last 3 months. Previous 8 years I've used a Cali as my main daily driver.

The lack of use is bringing my thoughts round to a GC600 and trying to work out how much more use we would get from one of those over the darker months & whether the facilities in the van are good enough for us to consider a leisurely six week summer break in it using aires as well as sites, rather than our usual race down to a villa in Spain with a bit of camping tacked on each end.

Also depends what you will do with the money if you sold it.

Ours is not a California but we use it for camping trips all year, except school holidays. Love being away and when well prepared winter is great. Lowest temperature we have camped in was -8C (toasty warm inside), I know others have done much lower. Last year we did 9 camping trips. Just about to go on our first 2022 trip. Even with restrictions we did 7000 miles last year, aiming for 10000 this year all being well. As another has said, if you don't want it sell it.

People often ask lots of questions about ours and are quite keen. I'll happily enthuse about it but I always try and make the point it isn't for everybody.
There are aspects of it I like that I admit are plain odd. I enjoy packing it. I enjoy the aspect of having less luxury than I do at home.
California's are very compact and for some they must be a right pain to use. Lots get a bigger van. But others love them as they are.
It sounds like you're right to sell.

Regardless of weather my love affair does not diminish by month. The dark nights just mean that I spend more time drooling at it out of the window, a bit like thinking of a lover whose passion excites but whose absence aches,

Equally if the lover only disappoints then get another one, a different one.

Oh my goodness... It’s a campervan for heavens sake. If you don’t use it then sell it..I’m sure theres some on here would marry it if they could. Get yourself a motorbike and travel Europe. Now that’s a thought I’m going to divorce the wife and marry my bike...

Oh my goodness... It’s a campervan for heavens sake. If you don’t use it then sell it..I’m sure theres some on here would marry it if they could. Get yourself a motorbike and travel Europe. Now that’s a thought I’m going to divorce the wife and marry my bike...
motorbike ... touring europe ... now we are talking ... :thumb :thumb not many will understand ... ;)

McLaren Sports Homes do a fab motorbike carrier with a nice drop-down bed!

Affinity have some great looking vans if you need facilities too. There's lots of fun stuff about, especially if you have deep pockets.

We’ve been to cotswolds….York…..west coast of Scotland but it’s basically been a weekend van…..actually it’s my daily. Not used it with family since August and with foreign travel a potential this year…..I won’t be driving to the Maldives in the van!!:)

Anyone feel similar?
View attachment 88044

View attachment 88045
Love the mat

If you are going to sell, January is always the worst month for private sales but good for selling to a dealer who will be looking for stock to sell in Spring. Prices are always high running up to Easter & I would guess will remain high up to the Summer holidays.

If in doubt don't sell it, just keep it & use it as amazingly practical car.

Which one of my bikes should I use for that Ozzy??

Sorry folks, I was just venting.
Good to have a sound board

995E565F-DDE7-410A-95FF-7F5C17DD9479.jpeg

13A99435-78F7-4AD0-8D14-1862BFF4586B.jpeg

If you are going to sell, January is always the worst month for private sales but good for selling to a dealer who will be looking for stock to sell in Spring. Prices are always high running up to Easter & I would guess will remain high up to the Summer holidays.

If in doubt don't sell it, just keep it & use it as amazingly practical car.
But you should get more serious private buyers in January. Some buyers will have been looking for the right van (colour / spec) for months...especially as lead time and even final price for new vans is uncertain.

Don't sell to a dealer as they will just take any profit away from you. Will achieve a far higher price privately.

Funnily enough, I'm needing to sell a caravan to fund my new van and I'm dithering about advertising it for private sale. I've got an ok-ish dealer offer and that feels easier but I don't know.

Funnily enough, I'm needing to sell a caravan to fund my new van and I'm dithering about advertising it for private sale. I've got an ok-ish dealer offer and that feels easier but I don't know.
Test the water with a private Ad - If no joy then you can fall back on the dealers offer.

I reckon my dealer offer is 4K under private sale value. Just takes right person at right time

Get planning your forthcoming years trips, get plenty booked in, then you won’t want to sell it !

Well I’ve toured all over Europe many times on my Hayabusa. But everyone has a special bike they are comfortable on. At the moment it’s covered over with a nice quilt on trickle charge.
I mis my VFR, but love my Cali more...especially with the heater and stereo on...

Anyone feel similar?
View attachment 88044

View attachment 88045
I am feeling similar and thinking of selling mine. Can't sleep comfortably in it for various reasons. The sensible thing to do is accept it isn't for me, especially in the colder months. Love driving it though.

I mis my VFR, but love my Cali more...especially with the heater and stereo on...
I’ve ridden bikes for 57 years and driven cars for 55 years (Track and road).Had every type of bike and every type of car yet absolutely nothing thrills me even today like the thrill of riding a bike. If you’ve never ridden a bike you just wouldn’t know what I’m talking about. If you are a biker it stays with you for life.

Anyone feel similar?
View attachment 88044

View attachment 88045
Might be worth contacting your Dealer just as a guide to value.
Some will have a waiting list of prospective Buyers.

i prefer the thrill of a bike

View attachment 88105
In my youth Triumph was my choice of weapon but today my preference is Suzuki. Ideally a Vincent Blackshadow in my front room would be nice but could never convince my Wife spending upwards of £60k of my children’s inheritance is the way to go.

Back