Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Third seat

L

Louise Simms

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
We Would like to add a lap belt or third seat belt to rear seat has anybody done this?
Thank you, new to Calis

I've not heard of it before, and don't think it would be feasible. You'd have you refashion the foam of the seat base, find new anchors for the 2 current connectors.

Can't see it'd be wide enough for 3 people anyway...

It probably can be done on a T5 or T6 Cali. We had it done to our old T4 Westfalia Cali, and had an extra lap belt put in. However I would say it’s a bit erm, in the grey legal area.

I would recommend getting a fifth seat and mounting it in the middle of the van so the child is close to their mum or dad... We have 3 kids and although it makes it a bit of a squeeze it does work. Main downside is that you have to take the 5th seat out for camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We Would like to add a lap belt or third seat belt to rear seat has anybody done this?
Thank you, new to Calis
Your Vehicle Insurance would probably be Void if you did that.

Removable 5th seat on the floor rails would be accepted, or replacing the front passenger seat with a 2 person seat as fitted to commercial Transporters. This may be accepted by your Insurance company but it may be difficult/impossible to get a swivel to work.

Your Vehicle Insurance would probably be Void if you did that.

Removable 5th seat on the floor rails would be accepted, or replacing the front passenger seat with a 2 person seat as fitted to commercial Transporters. This may be accepted by your Insurance company but it may be difficult/impossible to get a swivel to work.
I think someone on the forum has fitted a double passenger seat with a swivel plate?

I think someone on the forum has fitted a double passenger seat with a swivel plate?
Thanks. I wasn't sure it would work with the position of the Kitchen unit in the California.:thumb

Back