Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Those who ordered late October 17 - have you got a build week yet?

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Morning everyone

I'm just wondering, as there were quite a few of us trying to beat the price rises at the end of October, have you got a build week yet?

My order has been accepted by the factory but I don't have a build week. I'm just wondering if that's because of a last minute rush of orders - as quite a few who ordered in September are just taking delivery now (and got build weeks really quickly after ordering).

Anyone?

Morning, ordered end Oct same as you, had our order accepted but no build date yet...tbh, we don't really want it yet.... But at the same time we can't wait!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Ditto - we don't want it just yet, ideally a 1st March registration for us but could pick it up in Jan/Feb if it does arrive early.
Yeah, we're thinking March would be ideal... Having to restrain ourselves from buying anything before it arrives though. I've become slightly addicted to this forum and every time I read a post the shopping list gets longer!

We ordered 23rd October...build week 49. Very excited.

We ordered our Ocean at the end of October, we don’t have a build date yet either. Also hoping for March arrival. From others experience though I think it will arrive mid/late Jan. Oh well, will just have to cope!

Have so far resisted buying anything for it but I suspect Santa has a few ideas...

When we ordered in August last year we waited nine weeks for a build date.
About the price rise in November. If you placed your order before the increase date you will not incur it just so long as you take delivery when your dealer tells you your Cali is ready for pick up. Should you delay, I think its more than 10 days, then you may have to pay the increase. Be aware.

Sorry if you know this already.

Our order has been accepted but we do not have a build week either.

We're in no rush and have requested March delivery. I suspect that is why we've not got a build week and others who want their orders ASAP will be prioritised over us.

Our order has been accepted but we do not have a build week either.

We're in no rush and have requested March delivery. I suspect that is why we've not got a build week and others who want their orders ASAP will be prioritised over us.
Me thinks you are too kind to VW. They build the Calis when they have all the parts coming through the pipeline. They work a "Just in Time" system like all car factories. When your options are dialed in to the supply system you will get your build date. The idea that they will prioritise based on when the customer wants their Cali or shouts loudest is a nice thought but I think rather remote from reality. Sorry.

You're probably right. There were a couple of production restrictions - wheels and steering wheel if I recall correctly. I think this added 4 - 6 weeks.

If it doesn't start build until mid-Dec or Jan if Christmas is factored in then March will be about right. ;)

There could be a lot of us raring to go in March!

That sounds about right as in the new price list there are restrictions now on what model you have to be buying to be able to upgrade the alloys (ie you need to be buying a 204!). The steering wheel with DSG paddles also has now rocketed from about £80 to nearly £400, no doubt to put people off.

We’ve got standard wheels on our order but we have put the DSG paddle steering wheel on it, plus all weather tyres (which also look to not be a factory option any more on the most recent price list).

I don't trust the customer on-line configurator or the .pdf price list. They are full of mistakes.

The dealers always know the real situation of what you can or can not have as options. Don't forget they are pretty complex bits of kit (the Cali that is! ;);)).

Me thinks you are too kind to VW. They build the Calis when they have all the parts coming through the pipeline. They work a "Just in Time" system like all car factories. When your options are dialed in to the supply system you will get your build date. The idea that they will prioritise based on when the customer wants their Cali or shouts loudest is a nice thought but I think rather remote from reality. Sorry.
I think you're right... we asked for ours in March and looks like it'll be here in a few weeks from now!

My order was accepted on 9//11/2017, no build week yet, but order includes the steering wheel with paddles & all weather tyres.

Sorry if I’ve missed it but what’s the estimated length of time between being given the build date and the van arriving at the dealership? Or is it really too variable to hazard a guess?

I have the paddle steering wheel option too, also hoping that I selected the combination of options that unlock the glovebox full of cash!

estimated length of time between being given the build date and the van arriving at the dealership?
We had our order allocated on 9th Oct for build week 44 = wb 30th Oct
It arrived as the dealer this week, wb 20th Nov for our collection next week.

So in short, 6 to 7 weeks. It could be quicker for you with Sheerness being on your doorstep, surely that's an irresistible hyper-stalking opportunity to go and see your van rolling onto the dock.

These are the stages - I have listed the numbers of weeks that the status was held for our cali as an example last year. We had all weather tyres and steering wheel with paddles.....

Status P – Awaiting allocation
Status V – Allocation assigned
Status 00 – Assigned to factory no production week scheduled
Status 10 – Factory ordered with provisional build week - 8 weeks
Status 20 – Factory ordered with confirmed build week - 5 weeks
Status 30 – In transit - 2 weeks

Hope this helps but it is variable - also your build date can change up to the point where build week is confirmed.

So in short, 6 to 7 weeks. It could be quicker for you with Sheerness being on your doorstep, surely that's an irresistible hyper-stalking opportunity to go and see your van rolling onto the dock.
Week 44.......provisional or confirmed? It can make a big difference. See my last post.

Edit: Should have read all of your post!! Sorry.

My office is only 12 miles away from the dock! :Nailbiting ...it's a bit too tempting!

I also order last week of October and had order accepted 9th November; no build date as yet.

This is a really stupid question but how do I know if my order has been ‘accepted’ ?

The dealer told me that it’s all gone through but I’ve had no confirmation from vw themselves. The last official paperwork I had was the buyers declaration that I had to sign and return.

This is a really stupid question but how do I know if my order has been ‘accepted’ ?
Good question - once the order is submitted by the dealer it appears to go through a verification and acceptance process by the factory - probably to ensure that the whole configuration is valid.

Soon as you have your order number you can obtain order status codes from the Live Chat [Ismahil and friends] on the VW Commercial website - generally operational in the afternoons.

codes are:
00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to dealership
70 = Vehicle arrived at dealership

Happy stalking!