Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thread resurrections

Camperfamily

Camperfamily

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
It may be just me, but there seems to have been a spike of unintentional thread resurrections in recent weeks.

@calikev Have forum settings/ display modes changed in some way that is leading to this trend, eg. old threads being prioritised differently, or post dates being less obvious in certain browsers?

Or is it just lots more users browsing older threads during lockdown?

It may be just me, but there seems to have been a spike of unintentional thread resurrections in recent weeks.

@calikev Have forum settings/ display modes changed in some way that is leading to this trend, eg. old threads being prioritised differently, or post dates being less obvious in certain browsers?

Or is it just lots more users browsing older threads during lockdown?
I think it’s just new members browsing but not noting when the posts were made.
Not really a problem if it’s a technical thread.

If that is addressed to me, resurrecting today the "Weight" Thread, since my question and topic belongs to the exactly same subject, I think it is convenient to post in there, so when somebody in the future performs a search, he may find all the pieces of information on the same thread, rather than scattered in several small thread...

Admittedly it is common for admins and others to point folk to the search box.

I guess newbies and others are inclined to reopen old threads as is seemingly the better way of 'doing it' than have an endless list new half threads hanging about maybe.

The technical ones are mostly just as relevant now.

The other ones on the whole are generally well meant.

We havn't been overwhelmed with old threads so I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm far more annoyed by people who post exactly the same thing against multiple similar threads.
It would be good where we have say 3 similar threads running to lock two of them & with the last post referring them to the third thread, merging just results in a mess.

If that is addressed to me, resurrecting today the "Weight" Thread, since my question and topic belongs to the exactly same subject, I think it is convenient to post in there, so when somebody in the future performs a search, he may find all the pieces of information on the same thread, rather than scattered in several small thread...
No it wasn’t directed at you, rather a number of recent resurrections where it was apparent that the poster (innocently) hadn’t appreciated the time elapsed since the last post on a thread which was time specific in nature. And so I was genuinely curious whether something had changed in terms of forum settings/ displays for some users.

I should have said in my opening post - I certainly agree that, in most cases, resurrecting older threads is better than starting new ones as it means that all relevant related info is contained in one thread.

Back