Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thread status Not open for further replies

Bizzycali

Bizzycali

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Bye all thread closed Why?
Who closed it and for what reason. As a member of this forum I would like to make a comment . I should be entitled to do so! I feel something is wrong with the way the Forum is at this moment. Perhaps it's a moderator to many.

If you see the last post in that thread then it gives the reason.

It was closed as it was felt it was attracting a lot of adverse comment directed towards someone who is no longer a member and therefore cannot respond.

Let me clarify something for you. We had a member that was becoming abusive to which he was warned. He took exception to that
And started becoming more abusive towards one of our moderators
He was subsequently banned The post has been locked because the op is no longer able to see it. You say there is something wrong with the way the forum is run. This is the first incident of this nature since the forum began.
Calikev. Admin

As many have said, Matt was in the wrong and for a Moderator applauding someone leaving the Forum is also equally wrong. Taking my right to comment in open forum is in my opinion also not right. Granny Jen, for the last two years I have followed your treads, some good some not so good and I would say long may it continue, but not as a moderator.

You are of course entitled to your opinion but can you point out where I applauded someone for leaving?

He does say in his farewell message that I had been kind to him in the past, which includes defending him from some personal attacks he was getting off other members, and also being instrumental in persuading him to stay on one of the occasions that he was again leaving in a blaze of angst. It was for that reason that I chose to send a message privately. If he could accept something off anyone in this forum I had hoped it would be me.

I have not taken away your right to comment. You are perfectly free to comment. I suggested that the other thread should be closed to protect someone who was no longer a member from adverse comment. Do not assume it was me that closed the thread and do not assume it was closed as some form of censorship.

Not just my opinion, Fred made the same comment. You said "Bye Matt" which promted others to give a similar comment.
It would have not been very nice for you GrannyJen to have received abusive comments and you have my full support but administrators should have been in sooner so you didn't become further embroiled in this nasty tread. I feel we have lost GrannyJen VIP who would give you a "broad side" if you said something bad about VW. Now you have to sit on the "fence" and see the other persons point as a Moderator. The Forum is going to be a lot quieter now!

I apologise for saying goodbye to someone who was once a forum friend.

Now, hopefully my last word.

Back