Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Threaded stuck arm

K

koups

HI, I have an original Vw bike rack. one of the arms has a screw that is threaded (one with the lock). I cannot work how to get it off as I cannot get to the screw- it seems to be slipping when I turn the handle at the end. If I could get to the screw I could use a spanner to remove it. Has anyone any advice? I think I need to close them when not in use and keep them lubricated!

Thanks

Silly question perhaps but is it unlocked? When locked it will just spin

Thank you- unfortunately not. I have tried locking and it spins. It just sort of clunks around where it is slipping and not undoing the screw...

The only way to get it off is to break the black lock off and you will be able to get a spanner on it . Then order a new locking knob .

Ah- ha, thanks. That will save ordering a whole new arm!

Fantastic, whole arm now off. I presume I can order just the handle bit that goes over the nut rather than whole arm..??

Found a part from *************** and ordered... :)

How much and where is ************** please? I have a similar problem I found a new locking bit but it was silly money for a lock which is made redundant by other locks and chains.

I think I paid around the £35.00 mark for three new locking knobs from main vw dealer.

Why is the name of supplier blanked out ?

Last edited:
very odd- not sure why blanked out camper van tastic...

The locking one is £20 from VW so cheaper than what I paid..