Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Three back bench rails

N

Neil Bennett

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi,

New here. Just collected a new Ocean a couple of weeks back so lots of learning to do. A couple of nice trips already under my belt however.

Can anyone tell me if the back bench actually runs on all three rails or does it just use two. Need to know so I can decide on which Brandrup carpet to buy - two rails Orr three!

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Hi and welcome,

Assuming that there have been no changes since the T5.1 then the bench seat itself runs on just the two rails. However the underseat drawer has a rubber roller that runs on the central 3rd rail. If you want to get a carpet that covers this central rail then you can remove the roller and bend the lugs out of the way to give more clearance for the carpet. Mine has been like this for about 4 years now.

Owen

Welcome , on your first post.
The bench seat on a SE /Coast/Ocean runs on the two outer rails if you got three rails in the floor

Thanks for the advice. It's a T6 Ocean, three rails in the floor, so the above helps...

Hi and welcome,

Assuming that there have been no changes since the T5.1 then the bench seat itself runs on just the two rails. However the underseat drawer has a rubber roller that runs on the central 3rd rail. If you want to get a carpet that covers this central rail then you can remove the roller and bend the lugs out of the way to give more clearance for the carpet. Mine has been like this for about 4 years now.

Owen

Just to say that on my T5.1 (with 3 rails), it wasn't necessary to remove the drawer roller completely - I noticed that (on the lugs referred to) there was a second, slightly higher mounting point for the roller 'axle' bolt that allowed the drawer to open and run over the carpet without resistance.

Last edited:
Sorry, one more question, if I do decide on a two rail carpet and have to adjust the drawer roller is it relatively straightforward to remove the drawer?

Regards,

Neil

Thanks Spartan,

Much appreciated advice. Shall investigate.

Very welcome! I guess it will depend on how thick your carpet is whether this will work or not for you.

Just FYI, the drawer is a doddle to remove - just two small screws inside at the front of the drawer bottom.

Very welcome! I guess it will depend on how thick your carpet is whether this will work or not for you.

Just FYI, the drawer is a doddle to remove - just two small screws inside at the front of the drawer bottom.
The draw opens correctly over the brandrup folding carpet which also protects the tracks from debris.

Hi,

New here. Just collected a new Ocean a couple of weeks back so lots of learning to do. A couple of nice trips already under my belt however.

Can anyone tell me if the back bench actually runs on all three rails or does it just use two. Need to know so I can decide on which Brandrup carpet to buy - two rails Orr three!

Thanks in advance.

Neil
I have only two rails it her being a 4motion but we have a thin mat in the middle with no gaps for rails. The draw slides over no problems when in place and it has to be folder in half if you need t make up the lover bed.

..message ends..

Back