Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Thule vs Fiamma Tie down kit

S

Sue G

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi everyone,
I'm just about to buy a tie down kit for our Cali vw factory awning and wondered which had the best design, the Thule or Fiamma. I noticed that the Thule connect to the top of the awning legs while the Fiamma connect to the front of the awning. Also can the pegs that come with the set be knocked into hardstanding pitches or are they just suitable for grass.
Any thoughts gratefully received.
Many thanks Sue

Hi everyone,
I'm just about to buy a tie down kit for our Cali vw factory awning and wondered which had the best design, the Thule or Fiamma. I noticed that the Thule connect to the top of the awning legs while the Fiamma connect to the front of the awning. Also can the pegs that come with the set be knocked into hardstanding pitches or are they just suitable for grass.
Any thoughts gratefully received.
Many thanks Sue

There are a couple of threads on the forums comparing the two as well as making you own from bungee etc. After reading those I went with the Thule kit which is designed specifically for Thule awnings (including the Cali OEM awning ie model 5102). The Fiamma one if it fits in the kador strip hole is more generic.

Confusing Thule make several tie down kits - I went for the "Thule Hold Down Side Strap kit" - https://www.thule.com/en-gb/gb/moto...old-down-side-strap-kit-_-productgroup_197094

The stakes you get with the kit are very heavy duty - have used them at a CC site (coniston) with hardstanding and they were the only bits of kit we could get in the ground there!

Hope that helps.

Hi Seb up north,

Really useful, thank you