Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Time to introduce our Cali!

Jonathan Duke

Jonathan Duke

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
**Just realised this should be in the "My Cali" thread, not sure if/how it can be moved?**

Having introduced myself, back in August, when we placed our order.....

It's now time to introduce our Cali, which we picked-up on Saturday 21st January 2017, after almost a five month wait.

We purchased our Cali, from Mark Charles at Donnelly Van Centre in Dungannon - It's the only van centre in Northern Ireland which sells the Cali, and everything went smoothly.

We decided to jump-in, with both feet..... And took-off for a spin along the Causeway Coast, in Northern Ireland. We slept in the downstairs bed, off-grid, and the parking heater did its job nicely (as it was -4 degrees overnight.)

We'll hopefully get better organised, over time..... But we had a successful start anyway!

Here's to many more adventures, and maybe we'll get to meet some of you in person, during the factory visit in April!

Last edited:
Having introduced myself, back in August, when we placed our order.....

It's now time to introduce our Cali, which we picked-up on Saturday 21st January 2017, after almost a six month wait.

We purchased our Cali, from Mark Charles at Donnelly Van Centre in Dungannon - It's the only van centre in Northern Ireland which sells the Cali, and everything went smoothly.

We decided to jump-in, with both feet..... And took-off for a spin along the Causeway Coast, in Northern Ireland. We slept in the downstairs bed, off-grid, and the parking heater did its job nicely (as it was -4 degrees overnight.)

We'll hopefully get better organised, over time..... But we had a successful start anyway!

Here's to many more adventures, and maybe we'll get to meet some of you in person, during the factory visit in April!
What a beauty! And brilliant to see it in immediate fun use. Long may the adventures continue.

Nice little adventure. Don't count on being more organized, soon you will bring even more stuff along which will make it even worse :)

Nice pic's of a very sunny start to all your adventures. Excellent!

Nice pics and nice van. What wheels do you have?

Thanks @RoB5urf It's great to finally get our hands on it! These are the factory 17" Cascavel alloy wheels; anthracite 7J x 17

Here's a Copy&Paste of rest of my spec also, I think your order is quite similar?
  • California Beach SWB EU6 150 PS 2.0 TDI BMT 6sp Manual
  • 17" Cascavel alloy wheels; anthracite 7J x 17
  • Oryx White Mother-of-Pearl Effect
  • Titanium Black - Moon Rock/Titanium Black
  • Exterior package
  • Insulating glass (green) in load/passenger compartment
  • Lights & Vision package
  • Leather multi-function steering wheel and gearshift knob with radio and telephone controls
  • 3-seater bench (movable) with reclining seat mechanism, multi-flex board with padding, 3 drawers
  • Towbar - fixed ball
  • Front and rear parking sensors
  • 2 swivel seats with longitudinal adjustment on rail system in 2nd row
  • Dust and pollen filter
  • Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat (Beach: bed enlargement including storage compartment)
  • Cruise Control
  • Sliding window in front and fixed window in rear in load/passenger compartment on driver side
  • Interior light concept for Camper "Comfort" in passenger compartment
  • Tyres 235/55 R17 103H optimised rolling resistance
  • Socket in front and magnetic flashlight
  • Seat trim covers in Kutamo fabric
  • Heated driver and front passenger seats
  • 4 remote control folding keys
  • Heated front washer nozzles
  • Mud flaps front and rear
  • Programmable air parking heater; auxiliary heater
  • Monster Mats for cab

Last edited:
Great stuff , you guys are so lucky to have those stunning scenery in the backyard..
Should i move to the UK?

Hi
I have just bought our Cali from Chris at the same place, fantastic service and they shipped it to my home address in London. It arrived last Thursday. We visited the showroom in Dungannon and had a great weekend in Belfast and visiting the Giants Causeway. I will introduce myself and send some pics later. Ours is chestnut brown with a snazzy set of wheels.

Hi
I have just bought our Cali from Chris at the same place, fantastic service and they shipped it to my home address in London. It arrived last Thursday. We visited the showroom in Dungannon and had a great weekend in Belfast and visiting the Giants Causeway. I will introduce myself and send some pics later. Ours is chestnut brown with a snazzy set of wheels.

Hi @Beebs

Ahh!! Mark mentioned one went out a few weeks ago to London. Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit to Belfast, and the North Coast. There aren't very many Cali's on the Roads over here, but the Country is ideal for them, and the Antrim Coast Road is quite special IMO.

All the best with your new adventures also! Looking forward to seeing those pics of your Cali now!

Hi Jonathan, I've just introduced myself on that introduce yourself part of the forum.

Hi Jonathan,
Congratulations, it looks super and you must be pretty handy with a camera as those photos look fab!
I had ordered my Ocean from Mark also back in December. Just waiting now for an updated delivery date.
Hope all goes well with your Cali and you have many years of pleasure!

Hi Jonathan,
Congratulations, it looks super and you must be pretty handy with a camera as those photos look fab!
I had ordered my Ocean from Mark also back in December. Just waiting now for an updated delivery date.
Hope all goes well with your Cali and you have many years of pleasure!

Thanks @NI Bob - Glad you got sorted locally, and I will look forward to spotting you on the road someday soon. Fingers crossed, for a speedy and smooth delivery.

Back