Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Timing belt change ! When

Mowbotman

Mowbotman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Nothing in the books as to when to change the belt even mile or years , is it the same for all BW diesels mine is the 2.00 Biturbo 180

Nothing in the books as to when to change the belt even mile or years , is it the same for all BW diesels mine is the 2.00 Biturbo 180
In the UK, VW Commercial recommend 4 years or 80,000 miles, whichever is sooner. Also waterpump changed at same time as it is easier. Cost about £550 with 2 Yr warranty for parts and labour if done by VW.

Cambelt and waterpump are “supposed” to be changed every 4 years and 60,000 ish miles. This is recommended only in the UK and on mainland Europe it’s much longer and more miles/klms. I changed mine at 4 years and 19,000 miles. Asked the garage to keep ALL the replacement parts and every part was like new, even the belts. So really it’s down to you what you want to spend your money on.

It was last changed march 2020 at 26,800 miles so will leave until 2024 if still have it ?

I wouldn’t imagine the extra year would make any difference. I’m not going to get mine done till 2024. That’s 5 years. It will probably have done about 13,000 miles in that time since the last change. And as you say if I still have it.

Back