Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

to open the lid of the manual roof

S

Sapmi

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 110
Is there a trick to open the lid of the manual roof? I manage easily the openening of the clips and the roof itself, but I can't open the plastic lid by myself. A bit annoying to have to ask it to my husband all the time. Can I use a kind of spray for a smooth opening? Or do I have to be patient with the new van?

Is there a trick to open the lid of the manual roof? I manage easily the openening of the clips and the roof itself, but I can't open the plastic lid by myself. A bit annoying to have to ask it to my husband all the time. Can I use a kind of spray for a smooth opening? Or do I have to be patient with the new van?
Be patient. It will loosen up. Make sure the canvas is properly folded as the new T6.1 canvas with panoramic front is a little bulkier.

Your next question will be " The hatch slides open on its own? " in a year or so's time.

Be patient. It will loosen up. Make sure the canvas is properly folded as the new T6.1 canvas with panoramic front is a little bulkier.

Your next question will be " The hatch slides open on its own? " in a year or so's time.
Thank you, I will be patient and let doing my husband the job now.

For now (Until it wears in a little). Could you just avoid pushing it 100% home when closing? There is a good few mm in between "leaving a visible gap" and "100% closed". That might help in the interim, maybe?

For now (Until it wears in a little). Could you just avoid pushing it 100% home when closing? There is a good few mm in between "leaving a visible gap" and "100% closed". That might help in the interim, maybe?
Thank you, I will try

No trick in our experience, our vehicle is coming up to 3 years old but the hatch is still very stiff and doesn’t show any sign of changing. However it is preferable to it sliding open on its own. Hopefully yours may ease in time.