Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

To tone Cali.

briwy

briwy

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Met a French couple with a brand new T6 Coast up on the Col de Bonnette today.
Invited us in for a look around.
Like the lighter colour kitchen and the split glass cover. Came with the shower outlet, steel wheels standard though.
TSI petrol, asked him about fuel consumption and he said about 10k/litre in the mountains which if my maths are right gives about 27mpg which if correct is bloody impressive as we were getting about 18mpg in our 180 in the hills.
Wasn't a fan of the two tone initially but really like the look of this.
IMG_20170910_121253851_HDR.jpg

Great van and is this the best choice with being a manual pop up top.
Can you buy this coast in England?.I reckon it's the one to buy out of all three.
I wonder if you get night heater as standard.
Lovely van.

Thats what i was planning to go for ...
A Coast tsi 4motion . But needed to much money on top trading in my T5 , the T6 prices have gone way up! Just could not justify the money when i got a SE with low km in perfect condition.

The Coast is now availeble in the UK i belive , at first it was not .

No the heater is extra. Quite expensive I believe but could be fitted by a third party or yourself later.
I quite like the idea of manual roof, also a retro fit heater would not be reliant on the control panel working ok. If the control panel packs up you are stuffed to operate anything in an SE/Ocean.

If you add all things a Ocean has standard to the Coast (double glasing , aux heater are the most expencive) the price almost comes to the price of a Ocean.
However you get a manual roof and thats a plus imo.
Never had any issues on my roof (exept once the canvas trapped )?but read a lot of stories here .
IF i ever change it is to a Coast anyway .

My fav colour combination with matching dash of course :thumb

@Sad

Could be wrong ....it's the petrol (since a while ) now availeble in the UK ....
Sorry for giving high hopes..:D

Petrol also not available with 4Motion. Currently.

The photo show a French Coast. In France, the Coast has the electric roof and parking heater as standard. We're expecting ours next month, after a 10-month wait.

R
The photo show a French Coast. In France, the Coast has the electric roof and parking heater as standard. We're expecting ours next month, after a 10-month wait.

Really, so what is the difference between the Coast and the Ocean in France?

="Really, so what is the difference between the Coast and the Ocean in France?
Better lights, double glazing, Climatronic vs Climatic, GPS, heated seats, reversing camera and some other gadgets and cosmetics.

Last edited:
Met a French couple with a brand new T6 Coast up on the Col de Bonnette today.
Invited us in for a look around.
Like the lighter colour kitchen and the split glass cover. Came with the shower outlet, steel wheels standard though.
TSI petrol, asked him about fuel consumption and he said about 10k/litre in the mountains which if my maths are right gives about 27mpg which if correct is bloody impressive as we were getting about 18mpg in our 180 in the hills.
Wasn't a fan of the two tone initially but really like the look of this.
View attachment 25657
I think the two tone is an oddity, looks terrible on the page but all that I've seen look fabulous in the flesh.

Strange how specs vary so much in different countries. Obviously VW can get away with charging extra for different things in different countries.

Would they get the £2.5k back when selling?

Saw this Irish report on a Red/white plus red canvas.
I thought that red canvas would be good but didn't think of interior and this definitely put me off.
Maybe needs a red light outside:talktothehand

Looks almost pink in the video! I wonder what the blue one is like?

All I could find, pretty cool Cali.
Blue looked OK but not outdoors in this video.

Thanks BJG. Difficult to tell but I would expect it to be darker than the red anyway. A dark blue sky? Hmmm.......must track one down and look for myself.

That 2 tone red and white Cali Ocean above is owned by Volkswagen Ireland and is doing the rounds at all the dealerships and National Events in Ireland.... It has generated a lot of interest over here because of it's 2 tone colour scheme.. hasn't got the split counter top between the sink and cooker so it's a 2016 model like mine, I got mine in April 2017 :)

IMG_0520.JPG IMG_0521.JPG Spotted this ocean in a Luxemboug VW dealer.

Citygate Woodburn Green had a dark metallic blue and white Beach in their showroom. It was really nice looking and far better looking than the red and gold on here. I couldn't justify an extra £2.5k on a paint job over Climatronic and parking heater though.

Andy

Would they get the £2.5k back when selling?

Saw this Irish report on a Red/white plus red canvas.
I thought that red canvas would be good but didn't think of interior and this definitely put me off.
Maybe needs a red light outside:talktothehand

All it's missing are the icecream chimes!

Back