Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Today is collection day!

M

Meerkat1234

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
After a very long decision making process, veering one way, then the other, numerous camping and motorhome shows, dealer visits, conversion studies, forum lurking and appearing and asking questions, deep breaths and giggles... we collect our first Cali from the dealer later today!!

After wanting something like this since I was a kid, I don't think I quite believe it's happening! :Nailbiting:)

What a lovely Christmas present. I hope you all enjoy it to the full.

Alan

Great stuff. Make sure you check absolutely everything before leaving the dealer.

I was in the same boat 4 weeks ago, enjoy your new Cali & all the adventures it will bring.

I was dreaming of owning a VW California since my early 20's but i had to wait until i nearly turned 40y until owning (read lot of savings) .
Dreams can come thru ....enjoy your first miles, there be plenty to come ...

Welcome here!
Be sure you got your list (from the VIP section) to check everything and then: Enjoy!

Thank you for the welcome here, thanks to everyone who answered our niggly questions (still haven't chosen which topper!), thanks in advance to everyone who'll answer all our questions to come etc, and thanks for your kind wishes. Truly feels like a milestone for a longed for lifestyle, not just a vehicle purchase.

Will go to the VIP section for "the list". And if you have any other tips for handover or first few weeks, would be great to hear them too.

Hello again, sorry to be a pest, but I know there's a "list" of everything to check when you collect the Cali from the dealer but I can't find it in the VIP section. Could anyone provide a link? Thanks.

Oh my goodness, it's out there now on the driveway and it hasn't sunk in yet that it's ours. Drove back from the dealers with shocked grins on our faces and noticed how quiet the engine was and how smooth the drive was. Sat in it for a couple of hours last night and it really hit just how well everything is designed to fit.

I'll update our profile now that we're truly owners!

It’s more than just a vehicle, it’s a lifestyle. And this forum enhances it. Enjoy!

Thank you everyone! This forum has been a great help and you're right Joker 1299, it enhances the experience.

Now to shop accessories, work out how best to pack, and head off for a night...

Nice one, they should make collecting a Cali close to Christmas into a tv commercial.
The anticipation and disbelief captured in a John Lewis type ad.
We’ve had ours for 7 years and every time my partner gets in she says how much she loves it.
I’m sure you will too.
Enjoy.

Thank you! We grinned excitedly all the way over to the dealer and just sat in it in the driveway for a few hours smiling and wow-ing.

And just parked at home, it makes a great close-up garden bird watching hide we've discovered too.:happy

We now have B.C and A.C as time periods in our life now. :)

After a very long decision making process, veering one way, then the other, numerous camping and motorhome shows, dealer visits, conversion studies, forum lurking and appearing and asking questions, deep breaths and giggles... we collect our first Cali from the dealer later today!!

After wanting something like this since I was a kid, I don't think I quite believe it's happening! :Nailbiting:)
Congratulations. Are you loving it?
We pick ours up next week. Have you ventured out yet?
Sorry for all the questions .
Wishing you a happy new year and new experiences in your new van. Enjoy.

Hello, sorry we haven't been on here for a while. The weird January and all that. Even in this weather, we absolutely love it. We ventured out over Christmas to the Lake District and had Christmas Dinner cooked over a firepit (bbq stuffing balls were delicious!). We were up in the roof in monster-like gales a few weeks ago in West Yorkshire, I honestly thought the roof would rip off. We have no topper on, the rain was not only horizontal but the wind was immense, and I'm pleased to say that the bellows coped brilliantly. Not one drop of rain and no condensation.

We totally haven't cracked how to not end up with boots and 'stuff' cluttering up the living room all the time, we pack too much, and we know we could pack what we have better, but that learning will come.

How is yours Piglet? Wishing you a Happy New Year too and hope you've got as big a grin as we have!

:welcome

Back