Tollers and the Silver Dream Machine

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I saw the pic of the Toller at COTF from last year as it 'flew' passed on the photo board hence did a wee search for Tollers on the forums and found Cava Cali.

After having dog sat for a colleague several times I then got two Tollers of my own whilst living in Norway. After 10 years there I quit my job and relocated to Aberdeen when they were 8 in 2010. Sadly Grommit (my spelling error) passed away a year later, Wallace was devastated so Gromit jnr joined us a few months later. 18 months ago Ellie (well, who's going to stand in the middle of a field calling "Wendoline"? so I moved to hairy beasts from Ice Age for the naming convention) joined us. Wallace passed away New Year's Day 2015.

I started doing agility around 18 months ago and ever since have been planning my VW California van. I will start competing this year with Ellie and so took the plunge and ordered my Cali in September. The Silver Dream Machine (no prizes for guessing the colour) is built, shipped to the UK and I will have it in a few weeks time...

Hope to attend some events this year, but need to schedule things around the agility comps and a trip to Belgium for an arranged marriage for Ellie later in the year, so not sure which dates as yet.

Looking forward to meeting people and thanks for the replies I've had so far on the forum.

Alison, Gromit and Ellie

Hi Alison,

Congratulations on the imminent arrival of the Silver Dream Machine and thank you for sharing your 'dog history' with us. I love Tollers (I first met one at agility training 8 years ago and many more since around the show ring); Gromit and Ellie look beautiful in your profile picture - such rich colouring.

Wishing you the best of luck with Ellie's agility career this year. The Cali will make a brilliant home-from-home on the agility circuit!

Maud

Excellent news.... Welcome Alison, Gromit and Ellie. Looking forward to hearing all your updates. Blaze can confirm that the Cali is a very good size for a Toller!

Nice one Alison

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Very nice indeed. Hope you have great weekends with her.

Looks very nice on the drive , even better on site....
Enjoy it at last.....!

Looks a very nice Cali Alison. I'm sure you will have a lot of fun over the next few years.
Are you intending to explore the UK at all? Many of us will be in Tewksbury at the meet in June. Very dog friendly site. Simon

Looks great @AlisonF
I hope the handover went smoothly. Time to start Making Memories!

Congratulations Alison! Will you be sleeping on the drive tonight? I hope Gromit and Ellie are impressed!

Looks Great Alison. Enjoy :thumb

Thanks for all the great feedback. Grom and Ellie haven't been inside yet (I was so tired after two sleepless nights and then there were several neighbours / friends wanting a look see...!) so hopefully we will correct that tomorrow with a wee family outing. Plan is to go to Crufts next week so a lot to organise in a week.
Can't make April meet due to agility comps but have booked for Sherwood Forest and Lode Inn in June.
Everyone says how much you will smile when you finally get it. They were right. It's an amazing feeling. Best Christmas present ever :thumb

Thanks for all the great feedback. Grom and Ellie haven't been inside yet (I was so tired after two sleepless nights and then there were several neighbours / friends wanting a look see...!) so hopefully we will correct that tomorrow with a wee family outing. Plan is to go to Crufts next week so a lot to organise in a week.
Can't make April meet due to agility comps but have booked for Sherwood Forest and Lode Inn in June.
Everyone says how much you will smile when you finally get it. They were right. It's an amazing feeling. Best Christmas present ever :thumb

... and the wind finally dropped so I was able to test the roofIMG_0942.jpg . Hopefully it'll stay calm tomorrow so I can fit the Cali Cozy and bellows bungee...

... and the wind finally dropped so I was able to test the roofView attachment 12210 . Hopefully it'll stay calm tomorrow so I can fit the Cali Cozy and bellows bungee...
Enjoy your Silver Dream machine Alison. It looks great. Hope to see you at Sherwood Forest meet where we can swap our early experiences. Get that bungee on quick!!

Looks superb Alison - very pleased for you & definitely my favourite colour :thumb
Hopefully see you out & about in sunny Aberdeen (well... it is at the moment :))

Looks great. Best colour choice!

Looks absolutely fantastic only beaten by the dogs :) (and Olympic blue ofcourse)

Looks lovely, nice bit of snow to test the heater out too! Simon

Someone has stolen one of your beach logos!