Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Toluca 18” standard tyres?

Stevieste23

Stevieste23

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there. I have just purchased a set of 18” Toluca wheels for my 2018 Cali Ocean 150. I have been scrolling through tyre and wheel threads all night but can’t find the answer to my Question? I’m wondering if anyone out there knows the tyres they got as standard on their 18” Toluca wheels from the dealership? I know they are 255/45. Read reviews on tyre choices before I purchase. Was very curious as to what VW supply and how they compare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, treated myself to Tolucas and then had a mini heart attack looking at tyre prices and makes, as theres not thay much to choose from and from the choicr, they were suoer expensive!. Anyhows, after hours of research, i ended up getting 255/45 R18 Y XL Continental Premium Contact 6. Great reviews, fuel economy, etc. Highly recommend and for tyres, they also look great having a checkered pattern on them. Appreciate you can get super budget ones for a fraction of the price, but I remember someone saying to me, out of all the safety tech cars/ vans have, its the tyres that are the only thing that actually touch the road, so get the best tyres you can afford. Tolucas look great by the way ;-) Goof call, Couldn't be happier with mine!!!!20190406_205410.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I certainly won’t scrimp on tyre choice/price. As you said after all the money spent it’s down to the tyres touching the road. Still wonder what VW Supply with these wheels though?

Originals are Conticontact Sports 255/45. Or at least that’s what came in my 2018 Ocean.

I just looked at Autotrader for a new Ocean and saw these;
20190424_093637.jpg

A bit of shopping around can soon get the price down on tyres. Lots of places will price match to get your trade.
My last set were Uniroyal Rainsport 3s, which seem pretty good with very reasonable reviews.

My premium contact 6s have a great looking chequered design, and look great when washed.
Just went out to take a photo (wifes face was 'what the hell'). Was taking a photo and some person walks in my drive to say, them Californias are amazing, lovely lovely vehicle. Nice way to start the day ;-)
20190424_094504.jpg

I really wanted all weathers, but the only ones i could find were Bridgestone at £185 each.
Got my Conti 6s at Kwik Fit because I got £80 free love2shop vouchers and went via Quidco to get £30 cashback as well and multi buy saving buying 4

I searched Kwik Fit, ATS, National, Halfords Autocentres, Asda Tyres and some smaller companies untill i found the best deal.

Hi there. I have just purchased a set of 18” Toluca wheels for my 2018 Cali Ocean 150. I have been scrolling through tyre and wheel threads all night but can’t find the answer to my Question? I’m wondering if anyone out there knows the tyres they got as standard on their 18” Toluca wheels from the dealership? I know they are 255/45. Read reviews on tyre choices before I purchase. Was very curious as to what VW supply and how they compare.

Mine came with Hankook Ventus Prime 2 fitted. 10k in and no complaints. Will swap front to back in a few k but look like they should do 25k plus on the set so not bad on a 204 fwd.

Hey thanks all for the replies. Just the info I needed.

On my first van I had 235/50/18s, on the second was 255/45/18s it looked better on the wider profile but was a better ride on the 235s so thinking of fitting them again to the new one.

Just check the load rating of the tyres. I couldn't find a 235/50 in a 103XL (all seem to be limited to 101XL) .

I fitted the Bridgestone A005 four season tyres.

Just check the load rating of the tyres. I couldn't find a 235/50 in a 103XL (all seem to be limited to 101XL) .

I fitted the Bridgestone A005 four season tyres.

Just out of curiosity. From what I read on other posts I thought 101 was ok for the Cali?

I was under the impression that the 255/45/18 103 XL were fitted to the sport lines due to being a T32 and the 235/55/18s 101 XL were fitted to other vans that were not T32s like the Cali?

I matched the existing tyre loadings provided which was the 103XL.

Just out of curiosity. From what I read on other posts I thought 101 was ok for the Cali?

Judging by the amount of kit some people carry I would stick to the 103.

Could I ask the OP where he bought the Tolucas from as I am looking for a set myself.
Cheers

I’m looking for a set too. eBay £1633 new which seems reasonable. Would rather buy from UK main dealer so may shop around over next few days.

Could I ask the OP where he bought the Tolucas from as I am looking for a set myself.
Cheers

Hi sorry for late reply. Bought them off this owners club Facebook page. Couple of marks on them but going in for a refurb and new tyres going on. I had been looking for a set for a while. Was even looking for them when buying our Cali but that didn’t happen.

Ah, Okay, thanks. They are very hard to come by, Springfields are another option that I am looking at but also difficult to find.
T6 Sportlines are reasonably priced but I'm not 100% sure if they are for me...

Hi sorry for late reply. Bought them off this owners club Facebook page. Couple of marks on them but going in for a refurb and new tyres going on. I had been looking for a set for a while. Was even looking for them when buying our Cali but that didn’t happen.

aaah, that would be the ones I wanted but the seller didn't have the courtesy to reply to my posts and messages. :rolleyes: