Californication69

Californication69

Bill
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Is Tom Davidson still at Breeze?

I’ve emailed 3 times and called him twice and no reply or response.
TIA

Certainly what time is best to call tomorrow?
Tuesday about 11 would be ideal please Tom. Sorry did not mean to disturb you on a Sunday. I thought you’d see this in office hours.

No problem at all, will call you at 11 on Tuesday. Hope you’ve had a good weekend.
Speak Tuesday.
Tom

No problem at all, will call you at 11 on Tuesday. Hope you’ve had a good weekend.
Speak Tuesday.
Tom
Hi Tom. I’m still awaiting your call. I rang yesterday and spoke to your colleague who said that she would remind you. Please call tomorrow around 11am if possible. Thanks, Gary.

Can't imagine how he has still got his job! I gave up on him returning my calls or emails!!

Can't imagine how he has still got his job! I gave up on him returning my calls or emails!!
Hi Paul

I have tried calling you back regarding arranging getting your bike rack delivered to you. We are able to arrange this with a delivery courier to bring the bike rack to you or we are also able to send a driver from our company to deliver to you in wales.

Also I apologise if you feel this way about me Paul as I do my utmost to get back to customers as quickly and efficiently as I can I can 100% admit I’m not perfect and are continuously working to improve. Within the current climate of covid and how things have been with a whole new team at Breeze in Poole it has been a bit more challenging for myself to support customers and my colleagues to try and give you the best experience possible.

Hi Paul

I have tried calling you back regarding arranging getting your bike rack delivered to you. We are able to arrange this with a delivery courier to bring the bike rack to you or we are also able to send a driver from our company to deliver to you in wales.

Also I apologise if you feel this way about me Paul as I do my utmost to get back to customers as quickly and efficiently as I can I can 100% admit I’m not perfect and are continuously working to improve. Within the current climate of covid and how things have been with a whole new team at Breeze in Poole it has been a bit more challenging for myself to support customers and my colleagues to try and give you the best experience possible.
Why have I got no voicemails or missed calls? So,about the bike rack. I don't mind how you get the bike rack to me if you can just arrange the delivery and let me know when I can expect it.

Why have I got no voicemails or missed calls? So,about the bike rack. I don't mind how you get the bike rack to me if you can just arrange the delivery and let me know when I can expect it.
Okay no problem at all Paul Will more than likely be Thursday/Friday next week just got to confirm with our delivery driver

Had the same issues also after buying our California and trying to get confirmation of finance settlement. The buying experience was okay, but it went down hill once we took delivery of the vehicle, not good enough really and never had an after sales call either to check if all was well with our very expensive camper. We will however use the Totton branch of Breeze for our servicing as so far they have been very good with bits and bobs that we have needed for the van. This isn’t a mindless rant about a dealer, but it is important I think to highlight both good and bad experiences with dealers that seem to always get such glowing reports.

Last edited:
Had the same issues also after buying our California and trying to get confirmation of finance settlement. The buying experience was okay, but it went down hill once we took delivery of the vehicle.
As mentioned above Nick I don’t always get it right I can openly admit that, and two years ago when you got your California there were systems within our business that meant the situation went the way it did. We learnt from the error with yourselves and rectified that issue straight away in house.
Hope your still enjoying your California!

As mentioned above Nick I don’t always get it right I can openly admit that, and two years ago when you got your California there were systems within our business that meant the situation went the way it did. We learnt from the error with yourselves and rectified that issue straight away in house.
Hope your still enjoying your California!
Yes still enjoying the California Tom, but we would have appreciated at least a call after the issues were addressed to make sure we were happy and all was resolved. I also left you a message about the gas struts on the tailgate not holding up, and I never got a reply. I will get this looked at now when first Service is due.

Yes still enjoying the California Tom, but we would have appreciated at least a call after the issues were addressed to make sure we were happy and all was resolved. I also left you a message about the gas struts on the tailgate not holding up, and I never got a reply. I will get this looked at now when first Service is due.
Fully understand what your saying and yes I should of made a call to yourself to make sure everything was all okay.
Do the gas struts not hold up at all with the tailgate or does the boot hang quite low?

Fully understand what your saying and yes I should of made a call to yourself to make sure everything was all okay.
Do the gas struts not hold up at all with the tailgate or does the boot hang quite low?
They don’t hold it up in the cold weather, which I gather is a common issue. Okay in the warmer weather though, but useless all year round with the bike rack fitted and is unusable really. I can confirm that the gas struts fitted are marked as the stronger ones and not the lower pressure variants.

I have no experience with the Breeze sales team. However, their service and parts department are 1st class at Totton. Give the man @Tomdbreeze a break what do you want a pound of flesh. Technical issues I have had with vans and car after the 1st month of purchase I have always gone to the service team for help rather than back to the salesperson.

They don’t hold it up in the cold weather, which I gather is a common issue. Okay in the warmer weather though, but useless all year round with the bike rack fitted and is unusable really. I can confirm that the gas struts fitted are marked as the stronger ones and not the lower pressure variants.
This is normal, the temperature affects the gas pressure. Just wait until it's really hot and you won't be able to pull it down!

If it bothers you that much, upgrade your Cali to one with electric boot struts.

I have no experience with the Breeze sales team. However, their service and parts department are 1st class at Totton. Give the man @Tomdbreeze a break what do you want a pound of flesh. Technical issues I have had with vans and car after the 1st month of purchase I have always gone to the service team for help rather than back to the salesperson.
It was not about technical issues at all, that was my last message and example of poor communication which was the essence of this original posting. The issue was them talking an age to settle the VW finance agreement on my PX and then paying me back an overpayment because VW finance took another payment from me the following month due to the fact that I now had the old finance agreement and the new California running side by side. We are talking weeks to settle the finance and not just a few days. And yes I agree that the Totton branch are very good indeed, it was the sales sales after sales experience that let Breeze Poole down at the time and that was two years ago this coming September. I have however acknowledged the fact that Tom has said that they had some issues back then, and hopefully this has now been addressed and rectified. The sales experience with Tom was good, he is a decent fellow but after the hand over it was not so great and let down by poor communication and a poor admin department who were supposed to deal with finance aspect of the deal. Tom PLEASE improve on your customer communication and this will go a long way to having a lot more happy customers. And just to be clear my question to Tom about the tailgate was just a question as he specifically said that the Van had the upgraded gas struts fitted and I wanted to double check with him before getting them checked by the service team, I was not asking him to rectify the issue. I am from the Automotive trade and a qualified time served mechanic and engineer and now in a job that is customer focused, so I do appreciate and understand how things are from both sides of the fence. For me and apart from buying my house, the California is the most expensive thing I have ever purchased, and being made to feel that my purchase was appreciated and important to the dealer is not that much to ask. If a dealer wants to use a dedicated forum as a sales tool, then he must expect both positive and negative feedback, I think that is only fair and hopefully useful to other members when wanting to buy a new van.

Last edited:
It was not about technical issues at all, that was my last message and example of poor communication which was the essence of this original posting. The issue was them talking an age to settle the VW finance agreement on my PX and then paying me back an overpayment because VW finance took another payment from me the following month due to the fact that I now had the old finance agreement and the new California running side by side. We are talking weeks to settle the finance and not just a few days. And yes I agree that the Totton branch are very good indeed, it was the sales sales after sales experience that let Breeze Poole down at the time and that was two years ago this coming September. I have however acknowledged the fact that Tom has said that they had some issues back then, and hopefully this has now been addressed and rectified. The sales experience with Tom was good, he is a decent fellow but after the hand over it was not so great and let down by poor communication and a poor admin department who were supposed to deal with finance aspect of the deal. Tom PLEASE improve on your customer communication and this will go a long way to having a lot more happy customers. And just to be clear my question to Tom about the tailgate was just a question as he specifically said that the Van had the upgraded gas struts fitted and I wanted to double check with him before getting them checked by the service team, I was not asking him to rectify the issue. I am from the Automotive trade and a qualified time served mechanic and engineer and now in a job that is customer focused, so I do appreciate and understand how things are from both sides of the fence. For me and apart from buying my house, the California is the most expensive thing I have ever purchased, and being made to feel that my purchase was appreciated and important to the dealer is not that much to ask. If a dealer wants to use a dedicated forum as a sales tool, then he must expect both positive and negative feedback, I think that is only fair and hopefully useful to other members when wanting to buy a new van.
Nick It’s something I have very much changed and improved on massively as I will openly admit I’m not perfect. I’m my own worst critic when it comes to things I have done wrong or need to improve on.

I can openly take positive and negative feedback and I would say that I am one of the only people from the dealer network that comments on any of these posts on the forum and have been advocate for trying to find information out for customers on here that might will be Breeze Customers and not breeze customers. The extensive delays on orders I have helped people get information for.

Regarding your tailgate I would advise getting it booked in sooner than later and wouldn’t wait for the service to be due.

Nick It’s something I have very much changed and improved on massively as I will openly admit I’m not perfect. I’m my own worst critic when it comes to things I have done wrong or need to improve on.

I can openly take positive and negative feedback and I would say that I am one of the only people from the dealer network that comments on any of these posts on the forum and have been advocate for trying to find information out for customers on here that might will be Breeze Customers and not breeze customers. The extensive delays on orders I have helped people get information for.

Regarding your tailgate I would advise getting it booked in sooner than later and wouldn’t wait for the service to be due.
Appreciate your words Tom and take on board what you are saying. Okay will do, will speak to the service team to see if it can be looked into. Regards Nick.

Appreciate your words Tom and take on board what you are saying. Okay will do, will speak to the service team to see if it can be looked into. Regards Nick.
Hi Tom I think it would be really useful if you passed on all info/feedback received to VW U.K. I can see VW commercial are getting better but I think they are really missing a trick in sales and aftersales, baring in mind how well the converters are doing right now.
Just research what you’re selling and research all upgrades available and you will be onto a winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back