Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Too stiff to open? - use old belt!

Steve&Bev

Steve&Bev

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
C570FE68-8D70-427A-A7A5-F03F8290C7F7.jpeg One month in to ownership and one of the little things that annoy is opening the under seat draw using the handle. So I have, using very strong Velcro, attached an old belt to use as a pull. Works very well.

View attachment 39831 One month in to ownership and one of the little things that annoy is opening the under seat draw using the handle. So I have, using very strong Velcro, attached an old belt to use as a pull. Works very well.
Don’t see why it should be so difficult. My 2 yr old granddaughter can open ours.:thumb

Mrs M is complaining that the drawer is difficult to open on our 2018, compared to the previous one we had. She reckons the spring is harder to pull back. So maybe something has changed.

Nice to see someone close by! @Steve&Bev :thumb where are you near?

Something is wrong if you need to do this. I doubt very much they have changed anything in the drawer/seat set up.

I have not noticed any difference between our past T5 and our current T6 in the draw opening - both have been no issue with no need to add any extra pulling straps etc.

Don’t see why it should be so difficult. My 2 yr old granddaughter can open ours.:thumb
Try not keeping your 2 year old granddaughter in the draw sir, put her in the wardrobe & see if she can get out of that ;)

Last edited:
Mrs M is complaining that the drawer is difficult to open on our 2018, compared to the previous one we had. She reckons the spring is harder to pull back. So maybe something has changed.

Nice to see someone close by! @Steve&Bev :thumb where are you near?
Just outside Chester, where are you?

Last edited:
We have carpet and never a problem opening. Something trapped underneath or in runners?

We have quite a bit of weight in the draw so I have now have two things to grab to pull it open. This is also useful, for us, if on a slight backwards slope. Obviously not required by most but some may find it useful.

Try not keeping your 2 year old granddaughter in the draw sir, put her in the wardrobe & see if she can get out of that ;)
The sweets aren’t kept in the wardrobe.:D

Back