Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Torch / nightlight on front seat base

Stow

Stow

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I've recently bought an Ocean and paid a little extra for what I thought was a torch / night light under the driver's seat. It lights up when in place and I flick the switch, but it does nothing when I take it out of the mounting and try and press what looks like a button. Am I missing something here. What is this thing in the picture?!

20180504_163913.jpg

It should light up, there is a rechargeable battery in it. Although the light is so poor it’s not worth the hassle of getting it off the mount, you can get far better for a few pounds.

Our Ocean also came with a little torch that plugs into the 12v socket, I found it in the plastic bag of bits you get. This one is much more useful, did you get one with yours?

As Colin says it's got a rechargeable battery in it ( actually 3 x AAA) we have exactly the same problem and the dealer has agreed to send some new ones to fit. I stuck some regular ones in to test and it worked fine.

I'm sure I had this issue when I first had mine, and then realised the torch was In the wrong way round so it wasn't charging!

Our Ocean also came with a little torch that plugs into the 12v socket, I found it in the plastic bag of bits you get. This one is much more useful, did you get one with yours?
Ours came with one but it's small and fiddly - don't bother to use it.

Stow - I had to change the rechargable batteries in ours as the supplied ones were not charging. On inspection I found that the original batteries were a smidge shorter than standard rechargable AAA's and therefore not a great fit in the contacts ( very loose they actually fell out of the casing when the cover was removed also wanting to fall out of a plug in wall charger )
original on the right - note lack of nipple on the positive end IMG_1682.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks all. Amazing knowledge sharing as ever! I'll pop some new batteries in, and I've even found the little 12v one I didn't know I had!

I have the 12v cuggie lighter torch but it was bought afterwards. Useful though!

How do you open it to get to the batteries
I wondered the same. There's a space for a flat bladed screwdriver at one end and with a bit of force it eventually comes apart, but it's not the easiest, and the plastic is now slightly damaged.

I can confirm it needed a change of batteries. And as mentioned on another thread, I can confirm this torch is an accessory I needn't/shouldn't have paid for. It's hopeless, but I suppose you know it's always there in case of an emergency.

I can confirm it needed a change of batteries. And as mentioned on another thread, I can confirm this torch is an accessory I needn't/shouldn't have paid for. It's hopeless, but I suppose you know it's always there in case of an emergency.
Well at least you can add it to the list of options in your “signature”! ;)

Back